Monday, March 1, 2010

kicking the habit...

So while I was sick I started taking NyQuil because trying to sleep when you can't breathe is not an easy task. Well I was taking it every night and then even after I was able to breathe I wasn't able to sleep through the night without taking it. Umm hello "Intervention" anybody???
So this week I decided to finally kick the habit. I was starting to have trippy dreams some of which included (but not limited to):

- the cast of "Criminal Minds" looking for unsubs in trash cans
- my family adopting a 17 year old boy named Davey who may or may not have a fetish with starting fires
- me being 5 months pregnant and the father was not around (no more watching 16 and Pregnant or Teen Mom before bed) *this one felt so real I could not look at any one who was pregnant or pregnant mannequins for 2 days without having flashbacks
- the creepy guy from "Desperate Housewives" (who has always given me the skeeves) was some sort of criminal who beat his wife and I was the lead investigator on the case

(seriously creepiest guy ever)

- me being a contestant on "America's Next Top Model"

I also started sending text messages that I had no recollection of the next day. Some examples include (but are not limited to):

Night 1 to my sister:
Me: NYQUIL....roooi tordd foyer this to go ob
Me: vbcx
Me: and acme partridge I'm a prate treeu
Me: good nihhr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(notice she had the common sense to not respond to any of these)

Night 2 to my sister (again):
Me: Oh my gosh this movie is gonna make me TRIP OUT! Giant dogs and cats with Russian accents. OMG help.
Me: and ducks. In toilets.
Me: TALKING!!!!!
(notice she had the common sense to not respond to any of these either. Also the above mentioned "movie" was the movie "Cats and Dogs" which does not involve giant dogs, Russian cats OR ducks in toilets talking).

Night 3 to my mom:
Me: He's snoring when you come in will youvv :) turn rhw vilymr down on the Yvonne to like 10 or 9? Thanks

Good bye NyQuil. I'm gonna go for a natural high. (shoutout to anyone who remembers "Safety Kids")
(Public apologies go out to anyone who may have received a NyQuil text)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...