Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Luck 'O The Irish

Since some of my ancestors are Irish (along with probably 1/2 of the U.S. population) I feel a deep ancestral tie to this holiday (not really).

One highly obnoxious part of this holiday is the whole you have to wear green thing.  Remember in Elementary school where they were like "you're not wearing green I'm going to pinch you!" You know what kid? A. You are so clearly not Irish it's ridiculous you even think you can threaten me and my heritage and B. If you pinch me I'll punch you in the face.
It's even more annoying now.  Because apparently March 17th gives everyone the excuse to revert back to Elementary school.  You know that obnoxious lady who is like "Oh you aren't wearing green....Sommmmeeeeebodddyyyyy needs to be pinched!" And then laughs hysterically like it's the absolutely funniest thing ever said?  You know what lady? A. Not funny and B. If you pinch me I'll punch you in the face.

Moving on there was a clover field on the softball/baseball/kickball field at my Elementary school and we would spend a lot of recesses searching to no avail for 4 leaf clovers.  I found one for you guys so you don't need to waste precious time....you're welcome.


One more aspect of this holiday I would like to acknowledge.  Leprechauns.  Totally creepy right?  I know.  They are definitely the thing that scare me most next to clowns.  Little creepy ginger headed men who sneak into your room at night?  No thank you.

Why else do you think they centered an entire series of horror movies on these deranged little men?  Key word: horror

For all of you celebrating this holiday A. Have fun  B. Stay away from men offering you gold (there is another word for that considering Leprechauns aren't exactly real) and C. Go get a Shamrock shake at McDonalds.  They are awesome, only available through March, and are easily my 2nd favorite frozen treat at a fast food joint.(and doesn't taste like mint like you'd expect)


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...