Monday, March 1, 2010

do-over

Sometimes don't you just wish you could have a day do-over?

Today seemed so promising.

The sun was shining. Like really shining and it was kinda warm and I was happy.

I've been waiting for my tax refund card from TurboTax for about 10 days.

They told me it would be here today. I check the mail. Not there.

I call TurboTax. They say it must have been lost/stolen. They cancel the one they sent me. They will send me a new one. Another 7-10 days. I'm sad and frustrated.

7 minutes go by and I'm looking through a pile of papers. I find the card from TurboTax that they originally sent me. I am happy. I call them back to have them cancel the new one and activate the old one.

I sit on hold for 10 minutes just to be told that there is "nothing we can do once a card is cancelled. you can call back tomorrow and see if they will rush deliver you one. it may cost you money though". I am very disappointed and mad at myself for not looking through the mail before calling.

I'm sad as I think about all that money just sitting there waiting for me.

My family leaves to do some errands. I watch The Bachelor.

We all know how that one ended. More on that later when my blood pressure returns to a normal level.

My sister comes home with a brand new laptop computer that she bought with her refund she received on FRIDAY.

I am jealous.

I find out my ice skater boyfriend Evan Lysacek will be competing on Dancing With the Stars and Ali will be The Bachelorette. That makes things better.

My family makes fun of Evan and says his priorities are obviously with "celebrity". I'm upset. (after my family had given me attitude anyway about asking them if they wanted to know the contestants). I am irritated and really wishing I didn't live here.

My little brother kicks my butt at Mario Kart Double Dash. I'm sad.

I have a huge blister on my baby toe that hurts so bad I can't wear any kind of shoe. Even my slippers hurt. I'm uncomfortable.

I'm having one of those blah days where no matter what you do or wear you just feel ugly. I'm having an ugly day.

The TV that I watch movies on to fall asleep still doesn't work. I'm irritated.

I have to be stressed all night about calling TurboTax back in the morning and hopefully maybe working this out so I get my refund this week so I might not sleep very well. I'm irritated, upset, angry, tired, and frustrated.

No one in my family is giving me any leniency and saying "ya know she's had kinda a rotten day...maybe we should be nice to her". I'm sad.

Remember that book "Alexander's Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day" ?
I feel like Alexander when his bad day started "At school Mrs. Dickens liked Paul's picture of a sailboat better than my picture of an invisible castle." That's where it all starts Alexander.

I want a do-over.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...