Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weekend Update

I never blogged about the thrilling events of last week.  Since this is for posterity (and I'm positive my children will want to read this riveting account of how I spent my weekend when I was 23) I figured I should jot it down.

Wednesday: 
I receive text message from Dad it reads: "hey are you busy tonight?  would you be available for a daddy/daughter date?

My thoughts go like this: 1. that's weird 2. is he trying to lure me into a false sense of security 3. what did I do that could have gotten me in trouble?

I respond yes (against my better judgment) and we went to my fave restaurant here called Costa Vida...we ordered us a couple of delicious burritos and sat down.  We actually had a really great time and had a great conversation.  Long overdue night out with Pops and we scheduled one for next month too.

Thursday: 
Sat at home and watched Season 2 of One Tree Hill

Friday:
I had made a date last week with my good friend Katie.  We were best friends in Indiana and last year she got married and we had just kind of lost touch.  We spent the whole day together just shopping/browsing, reminiscing, and laughing.  We even made a delicious home cooked meal (chicken and dumplings) that we shared with her husband Jake.  We had a lot of fun and even though it was weird thinking of her married and "grown up" it was nice getting to know her husband.  He's a cool guy and I really enjoyed my time with them!
(by the way Katie...I fully expect to be invited over to watch some awesome movie on the BlueRay player!!!)

Saturday:
In the morning we went out to Highland for my cousin's son's baptism.  It was so fun because my VERY favorite Aunt Judi and her husband Don flew out from California for the occasion.  I just love Aunt Judi- she is the best.  Then that afternoon my family and I went out to the mall, Best Buy, and out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse.  It was a fun day!

Sunday:
Church, laid back day

Monday: 
Went out with my bestie Jess and we had so much fun laughing and venting about our stressful lives.

I seriously have the best friends in my life.  I'm so grateful for them and the time we have together. It's so great living so close to so many of them too!  And hey...if you want to be my friend too...all ya gotta do is ask!  We have fun.  You should join us.

That's your weekend update.  I'm Vanessa saying Good Night and have a pleasant tomorrow.

1 comment:

Laura {and JR} said...

love one tree hill <3 except that the current season kinda sucks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...