I know this is going to sound completely cliche but I really really can't believe it's already the end of the year. As I do every year I decided to look back and think about the lessons 2015 taught me....and this is what I came up with.
- I learned that you should always trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.
- Always do what you are afraid to do
- It's not what happens to you that is important. It's what you do about it.
- It takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.
- It's not what you have in your life, it's who you have in your life.
- You can get by on charm for about 15 minutes....after that, you better know something
- A cozy blanket and a cheesy movie can make you feel better after a bad day
- No matter how thin you slice it...there are always 2 sides
- It's a lot easier to react than to think
- You should always leave your loved ones with loving words. It could always be the last time you see them.
- You can keep going long after you think you can't
- People are not as scary as you think they are
- You are responsible for what you do...no matter how you feel
- You either control your attitude or it controls you
- Learning to forgive takes practice (a lot....of practice)
- Your best friends and you can do anything or nothing and still have the best time
- I want to marry someone who loves me as much as Chip loves Joanna on Fixer Upper
- You should tell people how important they are to you. Always.
- How to be angry and sad and joyful and excited and lonely and afraid and happy....experiencing every emotion and being ok with every emotion
- You cannot make anyone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them. (this is not about just love relationships either....this pertains to friendships and really all kinds of relationships)
- Your worth is not measured by your job or relationship status
- No matter how good a friend someone is, they are going to hurt you every once in awhile and you must forgive them for that.
- Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
- A 20 minute power nap can literally change your life
- Sometimes you have to put the individual ahead of their actions
- No matter the consequences...always be honest with yourself
- A good 30 minute dance party can help you work through a lot of things
- Everyone on this earth is wanting to be loved and accepted. Be someone who is willing to love and accept.
- Courage isn't always fighting a fight....sometimes it's just doing something for yourself that is terrifying.
- I will always regret the fact I didn't marry Zack Morris
- When you start to see how much you're worth, you will find people who also see your worth. They will be your tribe. Love them.
- Be passionate about what makes you happy. Passion is a gift to us. Don't let it go to waste.
2015 was hard.....it was weird and it was wonderful. And 2016 will be weird and wonderful because life is weird and wonderful.
Happy New Year friends and family.