Monday, February 22, 2010

While the cats away...

the mice will play.

My parents went out of town this weekend to St. George so it was just us kids until today. We actually had a ton of fun. Here is a secret you may not know about me...I thrive when I get to be in charge. Shocking right?

Here is another secret of mine...I always used to want to be a single mom. I know it sounds really weird but even now when I'm watching that "Teen Mom" show and they are all on there with their babies by themselves I'm like I could totally do that (which may defeat the purpose of the show). I just like looking at a huge challenge, making a list, and getting things done. So I got to play single mom to 3 kids and it was actually a lot of fun. I played games with Kian, planned meals, prepared meals, cleaned the kitchen, picked up bedrooms, picked up the bathroom, got Kian to and from school, gave Kian baths, made sure everyone had their medicines, made beds and laughed a lot. (and had dance parties)

It was a lot of tough work. It felt like just when one meal was done and over with and you had just gotten the kitchen sparkling clean...it was just about time to make another one. And of course the complaints about what you made. I heard "I don't like meat!" about a thousand times from my brother who has been a vegetarian since exiting the womb...I have no idea why.

While Kian was snug in bed with his video and his blankie my sisters and I watched all the past seasons of "One Tree Hill" on DVD and it was just so fun.

On Sunday I even decided to be fancy and made everybody home made (like from SCRATCH) Apple Cinnamon pancakes. They were delish!

  • 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 1 TBs sugar
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 2 cups sliced, peeled apples (about 2 apples)
combine dry ingredients
combine wet ingredients
incorporate wet ingredients into dry ingredients
stir until smooth
fold in apples and fry until golden brown

The results....

Practice Round...


And the masterpieces...


We had some positive reviews...but the one who mattered most said that they were "the best pancakes EVER!"
Here is video proof




All in all a fantastic weekend and we all can't wait for mom and dad to leave again!

1 comment:

ODCFkids said...

i love you!

i completely think it's fabulous that you are such a susie homemaker. too cute. you are totally allowed to come and do all those things here at my house, all the time :)

your pancakes look like the best pancakes ever!

concerning your happy things: shopping at target, yes yes and yes! i just got some things i ordered online from them in the mail. it was shaping up to be a pretty wild and exhausting day until that little breath of fresh air showed up. ahh, retail rejuvenation.

miss you and all your wonderfulness! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...