Thursday, February 4, 2010

buon compleanno

or "Happy Birthday" for my non-Italian friends.

Today marks the birthday of 2 of the greatest women I've ever known. One I've known since one fateful day Junior year of high school.

And the other I've known since...birth.

The first is one of my greatest friends in the whole world Jen. As you grow up you really start to learn what defines someone as a true friend and who your true friends are. Jen is one of the very truest friends I have. She just knows me so well. I was unpacking and I found this book that Jen made me a while back for no reason at all. Just for us being friends. It's Dr. Seuss's ABC book but with a twist. Inside among the actual nonsensical rhymes Jen had imputed her own ABC's of me and of us. It is hilarious and so thoughtful. Best gift I've ever gotten hands down so of course I had to share my favorite parts...(in alphabetical order of course)

B was for Bling Bling...and she even put my favorite ring from Tiffanys on there!


H: Handbags..of course because we love them and we love to shop


N: probably made me laugh the most...this was it

(that's Ashlee Simpson and for those of you who don't know...she got a nose job)

and then of course...

V: for me

In every picture that was supposedly "me" she made me black. Which just makes me laugh because I think I am all the time. Also it says "bringing sexy back"...any Justin Timberlake reference is a good one.

The time and effort it took her to make this for me for no reason really showed me how much she cares about me. She is always the first to text me something funny and I love our text convos on Bachelor night. I just love you Jen and I know you won't get this for awhile because of your computer not working but just wanted to wish you a Happy 24th. You are the best friend a girl could ask for. And Logan is sure lucky to get such a cool mom.

Moving on to the 2nd birthday girl I'd like to publicly wish a very happy birthday to my Grandma!
Love you Grandma! You have been there through a lot and you are always there to lend an ear and give some great advice. I love you so much!!!





1 comment:

ODCFkids said...

you are so great.

i love you and that you gave me such an awesome shout out on your blog! i am so honored to share these pages with the likes of your grammy nods and fantastic fashion sense. and i am honored to know you. always.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...