Saturday, February 20, 2010

Great Grandma Maxine

Got the word yesterday that my Great Grandma passed away on Thursday night. Such sad news. I must say it is not completely unexpected. She was 95 and just 4 months ago we were ready to say our goodbyes because she was so sick. I must say that having the opportunity to spend her last birthday with her and talk to her and tell her I love her is such a sweet memory now that she is gone. The last time I had a grandparent die I didn't get that opportunity and I never felt the peace and closure that comes from losing someone you love. My great grandma Maxine was an incredible woman. I have many great memories of her that include hugs, Tin Roof Sundae ice cream, and laughs. She will be missed by us but received by many who love her including her husband.

This was the picture taken at her birthday with my Dad. Just a little over a week ago.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...