Friday, February 12, 2010

Love Potions

One thing I love is when things smell good. Smell is proven to be one of the leading ties to memory. Isn't it strange when you smell something and it transports you back to some random memory you have? Like for me certain perfumes of mine remind me of different guys. Like I put on my "Miss Dior Cherie"

perfume a while back (because I still had a lot of it left) and was immediately reminded of this one guy that I had a love/hate relationship with like a year ago....and then remembered why I never wear it anymore. But that's a story for another time...

So I thought I'd share some of my favorite scents in honor of Valentines Day...

Home:
Isn't it the best when you walk into someone's house and it smells yummy? It puts you at ease and it's just way more enjoyable than walking into a house that smells like a garbage can. 2 of my favorite home fragrance products are....

Febreze
brilliant...it masks all sorts of odors and lasts! my new favorite scent is this Thai Dragon Fruit one. Delicious.


Scentsy Wickless Candles
these are all the rage out here in Utah. I don't even know if they have them other places but they are so great. You plug the holder into the wall and then they have the scent bars that melt with the warmth and they will leave your entire house smelling amazing. They have such a wide variety of fragrances that are sure to please anyone! Right now they have a cute Valentine's holder available which would make a great V Day gift.

(and its apparently 10% off!)


The second step for me is personal fragrances. Like body lotions, sprays, etc...some long time and recent faves of mine include....

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Lotion
Oh my goodness I am so in love with this lotion. It works WONDERS and smells divine. You will feel like you are sunbathing on a beach in the Caribbean rather than freezing in the dry cold wintry desert that is Utah. (or wherever you are...that's just one example) After using this turn on your stove, open the door, put on some shades and take yourself back to summer. (I do not recommend this if you have small children. And no sticking you head in there either. It will not give you a tan but it will give you an ending similar to Slyvia Plath's)



The P.S I Love You Collection from Bath and Body Works
I got this for Christmas and I love it. The shower cream is rich and delectable and the body mist is just enough fragrance that it's not overwhelming. I like fragrances that you don't smell from 1 mile away. At the hair salon we had one older lady who wore so much perfume you could literally smell it before she showed up and it clung to you long after she was gone. No joke. Please don't be that lady. I would recommend in this scent to use the body mist or body cream/lotion rather than the perfume because it's a strong scent.



Very Sexy for Her by Victoria Secret
This has long been one of my very favorite perfumes. It smells so sensual. I always get so many compliments when I wear this. I like this one as opposed to the #2 one in the pink bottle. But that is just my personal preference.


And the last step is making your clothes smell great. Even if you don't spend money on fragrances for yourself if your clothes smell good so will you. Laundry detergent/fabric softeners are one of the strongest ties to memory for me. Every time I use Tide detergent it reminds me of my friend Beth because she always smelled like that. When I went to college I bought the same fabric softener as my mom did (yes I splurged) because it reminded me of home. After a long night at the hospital I would come home and shower and climb into my fresh washed sheets and immediately felt cozy. My very favorite fabric softener line is....

Downy Simple Pleasures
They come in so many different fragrances (for every personality/mood) and they come in liquid and sheets.


Their fragrances include....
Almond Cream Bliss: Warm and sweet (my second favorite one)



Orchid Allure: Sweet and mysterious flowery/musky


Water Lily Radiance: Cool and watery fruit/jasmine/lily of the valley (not my fave...a little too flowery for me)


Lavender Serenity: Soft and soothing lavender/vanilla (my mom's fave)

and my personal favorite...
Spice Blossom Dare: Sweet/Exotic


What are some of your favorite scents???

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...