Saturday, March 12, 2011

Public Apology to Diet Coke

As you all know...I've always had a deep and passionate love for Diet Coke.  On numerous occasions it has actually saved either my life or the lives of the people around me.
One day I was shopping at my local market.  I just wanted a 20 oz of something.  None of the Diet Cokes were cold. But there among the other beverages it sat.  The hot blonde 20 something in the bar to my 40 year old mid life crisis male. 
Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper

And that was the start of my adulterous affair.  
 
So I want to take this time to publicly apologize to Diet Coke.  I am deeply sorry.  We've been through this before with Diet Mountain Dew.  We survived it.  We can survive this as well.  You know you'll always be the one I come back to.  
Please wait for me.
All my love, 
Vanessa


2 comments:

Laura {and JR} said...

bah hahaha! I love it! I think the only time I drank diet coke was with you at lunch at school. and that was when I wasn't drinking cherry coke, which I do not drink anymore cause I am addicted to Dr. Pepper and throw back mountain dew!!

emuhleem said...

This is my favorite line ever. Oh so true.

"On numerous occasions it has actually saved either my life or the lives of the people around me."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...