Wednesday, March 23, 2011

All My Friends Are Dead

I've always had kind of an odd sense of humor.  Sometimes it's very dry.  Sometimes it's morbid.  Mostly it's incredibly sarcastic.  I don't know if you've actually gathered that from my blog.  I thought I'd share 2 things that I love that perfectly describe me and my sense of humor.  The first one is something that I haven't thought of in awhile until I saw it on my friend Kelly's blog.  It's a book....a kind of children's book for adults called "All My Friends Are Dead".

Get it?  Because it's a dinosaur?  It's hilarious.  Here are some excerpts...


Ha ha ha.  Yeah.  It's such a great book.  I plan on my children being just as sarcastic as me.

Now for thing #2.  My favorite funny movie OF ALL TIME.  It's called "Waiting For Guffman".


 It's filmed "mockumentary" style kind of like "The Office" (which you know I also love....deeply).
It's a parody of community theater set in the small fictional town of Blaine, Missouri and follows some quirky and delusional residents as they prepare to put on a community theater production called "Red, White, and Blaine" to celebrate the town's 150th anniversary.  They even get an equally delusion "big time" producer named Corky St. Clair who is my absolute hero.  I adore him.  Here are some clips...

The trailer...




A scene from the musical....


And my favorite Corky St. Clair line....


Ok I think I've taken up enough of your time with my insane asylum-esque humor.  If you get the chance to see this movie though....do it.  It will change your life.

2 comments:

ODCFkids said...

oooohhhhh man! it is so hard to get that lazy eye to just correct itself!!

hey. i pretty much love your humor. i read in my parents magazine the other day that kids who have sarcastic senses of humor and get things like irony early in life are gifted. you're basically mensa's undiscovered gem. tell them all i'm a big fan, but seeing as i often don't catch on to sarcasm as an adult at times, i will be hanging with the idiot club.

Alex said...

i stopped by your blog after seeing it on Bethany Galeottis.

I am becoming a follower simply because you love Waiting for Guffman.

No one has ever seen it so its nice to see another lover of Blaine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...