Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Indiana




I'm glad I never lived next to the water
So I could never get used to the beach
And I'm glad I never grew up on a mountain
To figure out how high the world could reach
I love the miles between me and the city
Where I quietly imagine every street
For some the world's a treasure to discover
And your scenery should never stay the same
And they're trading in their dreams for explanations
All in an attempt to entertain
I wonder how it feels to be famous
but wonder is as far as I will go
Because I'd probably lose myself in all the pictures
And end up being someone I don't know
So it's probably best I stay in Indiana
just dreaming of the world as it should be....

Jon McLaughlin: Indiana

I've been feeling majorly homesick for Indiana lately.  Maybe it's the way the seasons are changing and I'm missing the bonfires, the summer concerts, my friends, the fireflies. Watching the lighting on the front porch as a big summer storm rolls through...and then sitting, smelling the rain with no sound except for the cicadas and the breeze.  I'm not really sure what it is but I do know that Indiana will have a piece of my heart that nowhere else will ever have.  That place and the people there shaped me into who I am today.  And for that I will always be grateful.


On a less nostalgic and sad note....when I was googling pictures of Indiana....this popped up.

I'm not sure which is creepier.  The fact that this exists, or the fact that I saved it onto my computer.

1 comment:

ODCFkids said...

its probably the fact that i keep bugging you to visit.


which you still should.
the end.

jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...