Thursday, April 1, 2010

Searching for a job the Vanessa way...

For most normal people looking for a job is pretty easy.  Search.  Apply.  Wait.  Well I've followed that recipe faithfully for awhile now.  And let's just say my results have not always been successful but they sure have been interesting.  I'd like to share with you one particular story.  I found a job listing on Craig's List for a receptionist position at an art gallery.  I thought that sounded like a fun job.  I like art. I like recepting people. So I followed the steps.  I got an email back that they were interested in an interview I just needed to fill out some additional information.  I get to the end of the process.  They tell you you have to call this number and answer some HR questions and then you'd get your interview time.  I call the number but couldn't hear the person very well so I said I'd call back later.  I was considering whether or not it was worth calling back and decide to Google the name of the company.  It was called The Painted Temple.  And this is what popped up.
Painted Temple Tattoo & Fine Art Gallery | Custom Tattoos & Fine Art

 Of course it is.  Because why wouldn't tattoos and fine art go together?  I'm curious as to what their "HR" is?  A guy named Bub in the back answering phone calls from unsuspecting innocent girls in between assisting people make permanent mistakes?


I'd fit in pretty good there don't ya think?

My name is Vanessa.  Welcome to my life.

*Addendum to the blog: Upon further investigation the employees include:


















One of these things is not like the others....
And Lunchbox = future husband?
Yes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...