Monday, April 12, 2010

flashback

Anyone remember awkward pre-pubescent moments randomly?  I did today. 

I was eleven, and had my first “boyfriend”. We never went anywhere, didn’t do anything really, he was practically just a buddy to walk to school with. For some reason, one day after school, while reading a book, I called his house. These days, I guess I would have called his cell phone, but in my elementary school years, we didn’t have cell phones. How times have changed! Anyway, I don’t know if I realized I was doing this, but in a daze, half reading my book, half being a stalker, I called him back about ten times. Every time the answering machine picked up, I would hang up and hit redial. On the last attempt, his father picked up. It was then, I realized what I had just done, and was fully aware that I was a crazy person. His father bellowed, “Who is this?!” and I tremored, “Vanessa…….umm, uh, is *so and so there?” He shouted, “No, and why have you called us ten times in a row?” I hung up the phone and just about died. Luckily, I think his father forgot my name, because he never mentioned it.

And now a picture of a random awkward pre-teen. 

 Some people are just born to shine.

You're welcome.

Any other embarrassing pre-teen moments out there?


*And I only say so-and-so because a lot of my readers know this young fellow (and his dad) who is now married and a father.  I didn't want to embarrass myself further by admitting who it was.  But those of you who knew me at this age could probably guess.

2 comments:

cornnut32 said...

i knew you then...but i don't know who you're referring to...probably because my memory SUCKS...you've got to tell me, i'm dying.

Kristin Barrow said...

ummm...what is that peeking out from that ladies leotard? nasty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...