Sunday, April 4, 2010

"He is not here for he is risen"

 I love celebrating the resurrection of my Savior.  This weekend I got double lucky because it has been General Conference as well.  Last week at church we had our Easter program and it was beautiful.  This weekend I have got to listen to some amazing and inspiring words.  Last week my friend Whitney who just got back from her mission spoke.  She really set the tone for the rest of the Easter program with a quote from Boyd. K Packer who said
"Save for the exception of the very few who defect to perdition, there is no habit, no addiction, no rebellion, no transgression, no apostasy, no crime exempted from the promise of complete forgiveness. That is the promise of the atonement of Christ."
 It definitely causes one to realize the love the Savior has for us. I had a really neat experience last night.  I was cleaning the kitchen and was taking out the trash.  It was after midnight and I went outside.  Snow was lightly falling and it was completely quiet.  It was the kind of snow that looks like sugar falling from the sky.  It was so beautiful and peaceful.  As I stood there contemplating the simple beauty- the words "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son" popped into my head.  I know I did not think of these words myself.  Tears streamed down my face and I thought of the sacrifice that Jesus Christ paid for me.  For you.  For the world.  For God so loved the world.  For Jesus Christ so loved the world.  To wake up this Easter morning with the a blanket of clean pure white snow was so spiritual for me.  I love my Savior. I feel His love today.  And the celebration of his resurrection- to feel how those who heard the words "He is not here for he is risen" felt.  What an amazing and beautiful sacrifice.  I know that my Redeemer lives.  I know he died for me. I know that it is only through Him that I am saved and may have eternal life.  If I were to go through the rest of my life with no one, with nothing- knowing that my Savior loved me enough to suffer and die for me would be more than enough to sustain me.
"I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, 
confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified
that for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled, and died

I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine
to rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
that He should extend His great love unto such as I
sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify


I think of His hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt
such mercy, such love, and devotion can I forget?
No, no I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
until at the glorified throne I kneel at His feet


Oh, it is wonderful that He should care for me
enough to die for me
Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me"
- "I Stand All Amazed

I hope everyone has a beautiful Easter Sunday and they are filled with the love the Savior has for us.
One more thing I would like to share is this short video.  It is about the prophet and apostles of Jesus Christ bearing testimony that He lives. 
I love this! I know that Heavenly Father calls latter-day prophets here on this earth to help us, guide us and direct us. Enjoy.



As well as this video- the power of the Mormon Tabernacle choir singing the words "He is risen He is risen" gives me chills.

HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...