Friday, April 2, 2010

Currently Obsessed

I like to keep you all updated on what I'm obsessed with....because I know you all care so much!  I've organized them into categories...because I'm OCD

Food
Nutella

Oh my delicious goodness.  The very thought that Nutella exists has always been a bright spot but actually having it is even better.  Suitable uses for Nutella are:
on toast
on a crepe with strawberries or bananas
on a sandwhich (sounds gross but Nutella and Strawberry jam=yummy)
on a spoon (this is my preferred way of consuming it which grosses my sister out which is just a bonus)

Soy
I love Soy products. Have you had the Soy Joy bars?? So amazing and delicious and *in a whisper voice* Healthy

Also Soy milk- Vanilla Silk is my preference.  At first it kind of tastes like baby formula (at least I'm honest) however you get used to it.  I really really like it now.

Beauty
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

Not usually am I a powder girl but I do touch up here and there especially over concealer so it stays on better.  This stuff is great.  Light and fresh.  Shout out to my sister because I've been using hers and she makes me pay her 10 cents everytime I do and just because I find her rigidity entertaining...I'm paying her in all pennies (which she doesn't know yet)

Benefit Bad Gal Lash

I know I already talked about this however it's amazing.  And my friend whose internet pseudonym is Cornnut just told me that Utah is FINALLY getting a Sephora here!!!  OMG it's about time!  This announcement has only ever been surpassed by the announcement there was a Saved by the Bell reunion in the works as far as happiest days of my life go.  (I lead a sad but simple life)
*Shout out to my Cornnut and her awesome blog. She discusses being a survivor of child sexual abuse and is one heck of an artist

Internet
3 things on the internet which bring me joy right now
1.KFD designs
Talk about talent- this girl takes trash and turns it into beauty!  I love her style and ability to see things in a different way

2. Underwater portraits of a bride and groom




Aren't these amazing?  You can see more {here}


3. Pet Finger Monkeys
 Real? No clue
Adorable?  Yes.

Television
Right now I'm currently loving 2 shows in particular
1. Mad Men on AMC
It's a show I got into a couple summers ago but missed last season well thank you kind people of AMC for re airing last season so I can get caught up.  Blowing my mind! And Don Draper is dripping in handsomeness and charm

2. Life on Discovery Channel
Speaking of BLOWING MY MIND this show is like cream of the crop for that!  Some people may make fun of me for watching this show.  And by some people I mean my friend Beth.  When "Planet Earth" was all the rage we vehemently refused to have any part of it.  We even started a group on Facebook called "We hate Planet Earth"....which grossed a total of 3 members (because we are hardcore like that).  However this show is way more cool and way more amazing.  It's all about animal life.  Mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, etc....I'm completely enthralled.  The natural instincts these animals have and their ability to adapt and evolve is truly incredible.  The camera shots are beautiful and it's just an all around brilliant show.  I find myself looking forward to watching it.  If my 5 gold star rating isn't enough for you check out the video:



Music

The Bird and the Bee

I'm pretty sure I've talked about them before but they just released a new album that is an entire dedication to Hall & Oates.  It just resurrected and solidified my love for the ebony/ivory duo (and the mustaches...I mean c'mon)

Their versions of "Rich Girl" and "One on One"...amazing

This weekend I advise everyone to be happy.  Easter is around the corner.  Spring is (distantly) in the air.  Also if you are looking for a good-kid way to have some fun this weekend put your iTunes on random and make a CD of all the random songs that pop up.  I assure you this is highly entertaining.  Pretty sure I made like 50 CD's filled with random goodness so be looking in the mail because you just may be lucky enough to get a product of my genius.  Who will be the "chosen one" getting "Bottom of My Broken Heart" by Britney Spears circa 1997?  We'll just have to wait and see....

Until then,
here comes Peter Cottontail hopping down the bunny trail

1 comment:

cornnut32 said...

thanks for the shoutout! you rock. :)

p.s. i found out sephora is opening in june.

p.p.s. i discovered this freaking awesome place called pirate o's in draper. we wandered around it today. it's a specialty food store and boy does it rock. anyway i am mentioning this because they have nutella on sale right now. i don't remember how much. but if you can make it up here you should totally stock up on nutella. and this awesome peach salsa they have that i adore.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...