Thursday, April 8, 2010

Keeping Up With the Nelsons

I know for the last few weeks I've been rambling like a crazy person.  So for those of you who read blogs expecting to be updated on actual people doing actual things you may or may not care about- here you go.  The family update.

January
I spilled ice all over my kitchen.

And I saw the biggest onion rings I've ever seen in my life. They were delicious by the way.

It snowed, I looked for jobs, I ended up blogging about completely worthless things.

February
Started out exactly like January.  Then my brother saved us by doing totally awesome things.

1. He got his yellow belt in karate.  He is so awesome and adorable.

To celebrate we took him to Pirate Island.  The coolest restaurant on the planet (as you can see by the pirate display/waterfall in the waiting area)

All the waiters dress/talk like pirates and the food is really good.  They also have a live band.  I wanted to get married there.  To the waiter who was dressed like Jack Sparrow.  Sister wore a balloon parrot on her shoulder and Bub looked cute.

2. He lost his first tooth.  He's such a grown up now!  He was freaking out about his loose tooth.  He went into my parents room crying one night because he was so scared he would lose it while he slept and then he would swallow it.  The next night he was so freaked out to sleep so I told him I would try pulling it for him.  I did and it popped right out!

He was excited and I felt like a rock star.  I'm now doing in home dentistry for anyone who is interested.  Call our office and make an appointment with our receptionist. 

3. He won an essay contest at his school and he's only in Kindergarten!  I was so proud!  Each grade had a theme.  Theirs was how they show character. His essay was "I help Mom wash dishes, I can help wash dishes".  Genius right?
He got to read his essay at a ceremony at Barnes and Noble. And it was an experience I'll tell you that much.  All the parents were like crazy.  They all whipped out their paparazzi style cameras (no joke- who needs a telephoto lens to snap a pic of your kid reading a piece of paper???).  The emcee asked everyone to hold their applause until all the winners from each grade finished so it would go faster.  Of course everyone promptly ignored her request.  I did clap for Bub because he is smart, handsome, and the next Hemingway.
Whislt at Barnes and Noble I browsed and came upon wonderful things.
Namely this Twilight memorabilia table
 (because if you like the Twilight saga you might like a whole bunch of worthless junk)

a Twilight parody (methinks this person is a genius)

 and I bought my first coffee table book about my favorite person in the world. 

Now I'm working on getting a coffee table.

To celebrate Bub wanted to go to Sconecutter which if you've ever been to Provo you know that it's one of the most ghetto places to eat on the planet.  It's been around since my Dad was in college and I think that was also the last time they cleaned the tables.
Bub looked handsome

and sister and I had a photo shoot where sister looked uninterested and I looked like I shouldn't be allowed within 5 feet of Elementary schools.

March
I woke up to this above my head.

Mackenzie competed in the Regional drama program competition and did so awesome she was one of the finalists invited to compete in State!!!  She gets to strut her stuff later this month. This is her with her mouth open.


April
We celebrated Easter.
We colored Easter eggs.

I was an egg artist

and took more pictures looking like I was just released from prison.

Bub and I had a photo shoot

We tried taking pictures of Kenz who was totally uncooperative.

Bub and I made dinner together.  Tomato soup and grilled cheese.  He flipped the sandwiches and was amazing at it! 

Someone played an April Fools Day joke on me by signing me up to receive wedding planning brochures, emails, and magazines.  I still do not know who this person was but I do know that when I do find out...they will be dead.  On the other hand Currituck Outer Banks, North Carolina looks like a beautiful place to get married.

I think that's about it for us!
Seacrest out.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You have been up to a lot of fun! Vanessa you have awesome skin by the way, I am so envious. It's great to see that all of you guys support each other in your activities. What a great family!

ODCFkids said...

aw, that person is a stinker! it completely wasn't me. i would not sign you up for that. instead, i would just buy you a one way ticket to indiana and forge your signature on an apt lease so you'd have to live here. funny right?! i'm a prank genius.

aslo, the google word verification is "flosperm." you can draw your own conclusions....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...