Thursday, January 14, 2010

i went to the jersey shore and all i got was AWESOME




seriously you guys...if you aren't watching "Jersey Shore" stop what you are doing and please do. I was dead set on not watching it but then it was On Demand and I had nothing better to do and now I'm hooked! You may need a Jersey slang dictionary but I think I have most of it down...

Guido: an Italian American man usually residing in New York or New Jersey. He wears shirts that are too tight and unbuttoned 5 buttons too low to show off the chest that he spent hours and hours at the gym obtaining, he spends more time on his hair than his girlfriend, and continues to "hit the clubs" long into his mid to late 30's. Often attracted to the female version of himself, the guidette.

Guidette: Female counterpart to the Guido, meaning vapid, vain, and shortsighted. Can be spotted generally according to lack of clothing, and lack of breathability in said clothing. Often speaks in a high, shrill voice---almost like a mating call to attract guidos. Daily life consists of clubbing, tanning, shopping, perhaps exercise or work, and not a whole lot else.


Creeping: how Guidos pick up chicks...a synomym might be "macking'

Fist Pump: The art or act of engaging in clenching, then raising one fist or both fists, and pumping them rhythmically or out of beat to house/techno music.

GTL: "Gym Tanning Laundry"...how a Guido spends his day...so he can look fresh to death.

These people are amazing with names like "Pauly-D", "Snooki", "JWOWW", and "The Situation" I'm so in love.

The new 2 hour episode is on tonight and I'm preparing by emphatically fist pumping in my bedroom...
and maybe if I'm lucky some of this

Along with the premiere of Grey's Anatomy, Project Runway, and Real Housewives of Orange County
I love Thursdays.
What shows are ya'll addicted to???

1 comment:

Beth said...

I must admit that I too am addicted haha... so trashy but so funny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...