Thursday, October 15, 2009

Updates from Provo...

So since being in Provo I have had my fair share of adventures. My "sister" Jess and I have been hanging out a TON.

this is Jess. you can clearly see why we are best friends

We were room mates our first semester at BYU-Idaho and we instantly became friends. We even joked about being sisters separated at birth after a series of long and boring for everyone else chain of events...She is easily in my top 5 list of favorite people of all time. We laugh so much when we are together...well she is from California but after graduated for BYI the job she got transferred her to Utah so luckily for me we get to see each other ALL the time which is awesome because up until I moved here I hadn't seen her in 5 years!!! We get together at least once a week and oh the adventures we have had- here are some stories that I promise are real... (these pictures are OLD..we have yet to take a recent one..)



Jess Kristin and Me at a football game BYUI 2005


Me, Rhiannon, and Jess BYU Idaho 2005

For the first couple of weeks of hanging out together we did the usual dinner and hanging out things but around our 3rd week we decided to go to this huge bonfire that was happening down at Utah Lake. So we head out that way and find out the bonfire was shut down by the cops...so we needed a plan B. We ended up hanging out with some friends of hers. Her friends are these huge Polynesian guys who are so fun to hang out with. They live in a split level house...they have the basement floor and apparently their "roommates" upstairs were having a birthday party...maybe one of the craziest parties I've ever seen. Upon arriving at the party we were both immediately accosted by 2 Mexican kids who were both clearly intoxicated. One of them was kissing Jessica and I and telling us how beautiful we were and seriously...kissing us A LOT. So we were supposed to have just a nice chill evening with the polys listening to ukulele music and talking but apparently the party goers upstairs decided to come downstairs too. They were loud and drunk and made fools of themselves. One kid was so drunk he ended up vomiting right outside the door (where all of our shoes were...nice). It finally settled down but let me tell you I have never been so grateful for values in my whole life. When we were leaving we had to step over some kid who was passed out in the grass...and I thought to myself "that kid will have to wake up tomorrow in the grass maybe not remembering the night before...how will he feel about himself". The really sad part was that most of these kids were members of the church. I heard one guy talking about how he got off his mission just 5 months ago to Tonga and he had the most baptisms in his area. Then he asked for an (expletive) beer. My heart broke for my Heavenly Father. How disrespectful. I guess it just goes to show where our world is at right now and it's scary.
As a side note...also while leaving the party I grabbed the railing and touched something wet and then touched my hair (I later discovered the wet feeling was actually vomit...which was then in my hair...and it wasn't even mine...uh yeah I'd like my Hepatitis shot now) also while leaving I decided not to wear my shoes just in case I got any remnants of the spewing but while walking out to Jess's car...stepped in vomit on the sidewalk. Ironic?

Our next night hanging out we went up the canyon to take some pictures. We went to Sundance and Bridal Veil Falls...it was beautiful.




After we went to dinner and then to a frozen yogurt place called "Spoon Me"...it is the cutest place ever and the fro yo is delicious as well. It's decorated really cute and modern and it's just such a fun atmosphere.


notice the hours..No Spooning on Sundays


napkins at Spoon Me...crack me up

Last night we went to hang out with our other old roommate Chelsie who is living here too and we went to a place called YoZone (seriously Provo might have the largest number of frozen yogurt places...ever). This place is so fun because you get to get it all yourself and then pay by the ounce. We had so much fun talking and laughing and reminiscing.

Then Jess and I were driving by the soccer fields over by BYU stadium and decided to do some star gazing. By star gazing we obviously mean watching hot guys play flag football. We were cracking ourselves up.
*while re-reading that last paragraph I realized that we sound like such creepers- pretend like we don't...

So far so good here in Provo! I'm sure there will be many more adventures to come. As a side note. I was shopping at Day's Market the other night and my sister stops me and says "Vanessa look at that..." and we discovered these...




I of course had to purchase them and my sister was joking with me saying that instead of the register making a beeping noise when Joshua (our cashier) scanned them...the register would instead make a "dork" noise. Lo and behold as Joshua is scanning the "Jacob" bar this big red square appears on the screen and it loudly beeps like an alarm. My sister died laughing. The words on the screen said "this is not a registered product". Oh c'mon I live in Provo and you're trying to tell me I am the FIRST girl to buy one? I am not believing that Joshua.

Here's to many more adventures in P-Town! (and I'm still really wanting to have a bonfire so if anyone is interested let me know...)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...