Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Heart Autumn



Just a few reasons I love Autumn....

Coats


Hats, Gloves, Scarves

Hot Chocolate

Pumpkin Patches

Pumpkin Pie

and while we're on the subject...
if you haven't tried this and you like pumpkin you really should..it's delish

Birthdays...

and of course...
Leaves changing colors...

there is nothing more satisfying than walking out your front door with your adorable pea coat on with a nice crisp in the air and your yard full of leaves...it helps to have an adorable little brother as well...



Some thing I don't necessarily love about fall...

dryness

It never fails...the leaves start falling and my skin starts drying out terribly...well have no fear! I have some great remedies to keep you nice and soft into the winter...

Dry skin? Here is a lotion I recently discovered...

Vaseline: Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

It works WONDERS on dry skin and it smells like summer. Your skin will feel great and you'll feel like you just got back from the pool even if there is a blizzard outside.

Dry hands? Doing dishes drying them out even more? Why don't you try...


Dawn Plus Hand Renewal: Pomegranate Splash
(also comes in Lavender Silk and Aloe Vera)

It really is gentler on the hands and it smells divine! Pomegranate splash? Yes please! You'll actually look forward to doing dishes! (ok probably not but a girl can dream right?)

Dry lips? Most girls are looking forward to snuggling up with their honey bun for some kissing on those cold winter nights but Jack Frost nipping can dry out lips and put an end to your night early...how about some...
Nivea : A Kiss of Moisture

I used this at the hospital (possibly the driest place on Earth) and I can honestly attest to the fact that your lips will be so kiss ably soft.
And if you are looking for a little pop to your lips- you can spend hours looking for the "perfect shade" (which doesn't exist) and countless dollars on products that will just end up sitting on your bathroom counter OR you can pay $1.47 and get the vintage yet still amazing


Lip Smackers: Dr. Pepper flavor

Seriously I don't know why I just won't learn my lesson and stop spending money on lip gloss. This stuff moisturizes, looks good on any skin tone, and BONUS guys love it.

So there you have it...my tips for staying soft and summer like even during those dark winter days. I can't guarantee that you'll completely forget it's subzero weather but I can guarantee that at least you won't feel like it...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...