Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Utah or Indy?

So as most people know my family has been pretty heavily considering moving back to Utah...and by heavily considering I mean most likely are. At first I was fully prepared to stay here in Indy. My job is here....oh wait...yeah that's about all that is here. I have a few straggling friends here but some of them (ok one of them...and really the only one that counts) is married, has a baby, and lives a few hours away (shout out to Jen and the entire city of Mishawaka)...so although she lives here I don't see her as much as I would like. In Utah my whole Dad's side of the family lives there and many of my friends live out there...but in true Vanessa fashion I decided to make a pro/con list to help me make my decision.
Indiana Pros

Family

Friends

Fireflies

My job
Colts Football

Crazy Rednecks

Mullets

(I'm really glad I got my boyfriend to cooperate for this photo)
Diversity
the BEST HAIRSTYLIST EVER
living close to amazing cities like
NASHVILLE, MEMPHIS, INDIANAPOLIS, LOUISVILLE, CHICAGO



Indiana Cons
Tornadoes

Crazy Rednecks
Humidity



Utah Pros...
Family

Friends

Mountains

many activities for people in my same age group
closer to the ocean
Grandma Sycamore's bread...mmm delicious

nice breezy cool summer nights
Gateway Mall (the shopping center made by the hands of angels I'm pretty sure)
Park City...home of Robert Redford, The Sundance Film Festival and the Cirque Lodge where celebrities (or just Lindsay Lohan) go to rehab...

Living next to amazing cities like SAN FRANCISCO, SALT LAKE CITY, LAS VEGAS, LOS ANGELES
Utah Cons...
Earthquakes
The Utah "Poof"...a hairstyle I've never been good at

no guaranteed job right away
DRY DRY DRY
too many of the same types of people
David Archuleta




So as you can see I have some big decision making a head of me...any suggestions?

3 comments:

cornnut32 said...

you forgot to add me as a utah pro.

i definitely think it would be cool for you to come out west again. you know, way out west, the land of opportunity...you could get a job at the huge new hospital in murray....

The Miranda's said...

I think you can't make a wrong decision...I'm going to be so sad if you guys move though..I'll miss Visiting Teaching and catching up...

ODCFkids said...

um....
i think utah had a BUNCH more cons. and if you stay here, you could literally move HERE! to mishawaka - nearer to chicago than you are now AND to michigan.. the... state... of...awesomenes... yeah, the state of awesomeness. think about it.

ps. we have a new hospital, too, and plenty of crazies to keep you busy all the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...