Sunday, July 5, 2009

America The Beautiful...and the wet.

Happy Independence Day from good ol' Fishers IN...


Ok so maybe that's an exaggeration...but it really was not ideal weather for firework watching. It was a bit of a let down for me because 4th of July is my favorite holiday...sorry Christmas...but maybe you should have fireworks and then I would like you best. But anyway...
This is the first year I think that while watching fireworks you needed one of three things (if not all)...
1. umbrella
2. hoodie
3. poncho

seriously...we were cold...and wet.
This was the first year that my dad wasn't here for a holiday so it was kind of weird. Luckily Mark Starnes was generous enough to stand in for my dad because his wife was out of town too...
We went to watch fireworks and ended up watching a lot of them from the car. Then practically witnessed Stadium of Fire in my own neighborhood (so screw you Connor Prairie....) I mean seriously guys...aren't those fireworks supposed to be illegal?
Even though it was strange to be freezing cold in JULY...it was still fun.
Hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday! Unlike this mannequin who is demonstrating the dangers of home fireworks...


ouch.
I am so grateful to be living in the country where we can enjoy our freedom. One of my favorite quotes is..."Land of the free because of the brave"...thank you to everyone who serves our country. We are blessed to have such self sacrificing people in the world.
I'm proud to be an American.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...