Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Pops!

It's my Dad's birthday today.
I love my Dad for the following reasons...
1. He's so gangsta...he even has P.Diddy pajamas...Holla!
2. He is tall...like me which is fun when we put stuff up too high for anyone to reach.
3. He has an amazing eclectic taste in music that he thankfully passed on to me.
4. He's a very dedicated and hard worker which is an example to us kids
5. He is SO FUNNY...seriously...he's such a crack up- another trait he passed on to me...obviously.
6. He is very strong spiritually. He loves the gospel. He loves his Father in Heaven. He is always ready to teach us doctrine we didn't know or understand and he has a way of explaining it that makes perfect sense. He bears his testimony frequently and we could never question his faith because it is unshakable.
7. He has worked very hard to keep us where we are and as comfortable as we can be through these hard times. I know how much he wants to be able to provide for us and tries as hard as he can.
So Happy Birthday Dad!
I hope it's amazing and wonderful and filled with lemon cake goodness and happy times!
We love you!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Doug! Such a great post. I admire the closeness of your family Vanessa. You guys are awesome and I don't want you to move but I do want what is best for your family, so if that means moving...I wish you all the best.
I love reading your blog!!!

ODCFkids said...

call me.

i'm in florida.
i can't call you because all your numbers are disconnected and we need to talk about next week.

jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...