Thursday, August 21, 2008

Movies, Late Night Drives, Shots, and Good Music


So last night I got the opportunity to go see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2...SO GOOD! I hightly recommend it...especially if you've seen the first one and/or read the books. I went with my friend Emma and we had so much fun. On the ride back I told Emma to take what I thought was a "shortcut" back to my house down Promise Road....word to the wise...DO NOT DRIVE DOWN PROMISE ROAD AT NIGHT...it is completely creepy looking and you will end up seeing a huge rabbit who will jump in the middle of the road you might scream because you thought it was an axe murderer and then laugh so hard you can't breathe...at least that is what happened to Em and I...oh good times.

In other news...I forgot to share my favorite memory from Utah...my Grandma who I love dearly let me give her a shot. She is a retired nurse and was over the moon to find out that I would be following in her footsteps. She showed me her bracelet that she got when she was going through nursing school that she is going to give me and she then requested...ney...demanded that I give her a B12 shot. I was terrified (and she made me promise not to tell Grandpa). I practiced on an apple first and then she let me have at it. Isn't she the greatest??? Seriously...only a Grandma would do that.


I also wanted to share some good music that I'm loving...so you can check them out.


Kate Vogele: Don't Look Away

Songs to Check Out- Honestly I love the entire CD but some stand out wones for me are...."Top of the World", "Might Have Been", "No Good", "Wish You Were", "Kindly Unspoken"



Miley Cyrus: Breakout

Songs to Check Out- Ok ok I know I'm 21 and should not be listening to this but c'mon...I'm a pre-teen at heart. And this CD is surpisingly good...especially if you just want to listen to something fun or for your own pre-teens...songs I particularly like are "The Driveway", "Breakout", "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", "7 Things" "Simple Song", "Fly On the Wall", and..."See You Again"



Justin Timberlake: Futuresex/Lovesounds

Songs to Check Out: Once again I could listen to this whole CD over and over and not get sick of it but if you are just trying Justin out some good ones would be "Losing My Way" "What Goes Around Comes Around"....I think you'll be surprised at how much you love him.




Duffy: Rockferry

Songs to Check Out: "Rockferry" "Warwick Avenue" "Syrup and Honey" "Oh Boy" and of course "Mercy"-great CD to put on while making dinner



Adele: 19

Songs to Check Out: "Chasing Pavements" to begin with but you'll love them all...good for when you're in a soulful kind of mood



Sugarland: Love on the Inside

Songs to Check Out: You need to listen to this especially if you are in the mood fore really good country music..."All I Want to Do" "We Run" "Love" "Genevieve"...good stuff


Tyler Hilton: The Tracks of...Tyler Hilton

Songs to Check Out: First of all let me just say he is in no way related to Paris Hilton if that was throwing you off...he is actually an incredibly talented singer/songwriter especially if you are in the mood for some good bluesy/acoustic guitar stuff. Once again this is a CD that I could put on play without skipping any songs but some first timers will enjoy "Letter Song" "Kiss On" "Picture Perfect" "When It Comes" "Glad"


Taylor Swift: Taylor Swift
Songs to Check Out: I LOVE THIS CD...so any of the songs are good but some extra good ones are..."Stay Beautiful", "Oh My My (Mary's Song)", "Our Song" "Tied Together With a Smile"...great if you are in a girly mood

Paolo Nutini: These Streets
Songs To Check Out: "Last Request" "Loving You" "Autumn"...he has such and amazing voice that every song of his is good and different...check him out anytime for any mood and he'll have a song for you.
Ok that's all for me...check out the music and let me know how you love it! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...