Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Utah...This is the Place

"Utah people working together Utah what a great place to be...blessed from heaven above it's the land that we love...this is the place!"
Anyone remember singing that in our 4th grade program at Rock Canyon? Yeah it was pretty much boss. Anyway...just got back from a way to short trip to Utah. I thought I'd make a list of reasons why I love Utah!

1. Mountains! Oh I missed you mountains!

2. Brick Oven...missed you too
3. BYU

4. Seeing missionaries walking around all over...the best
5. Temples
6. Rock Canyon, CMS, Timpview
7. Days (the family AND the grocery store)


8. Chocolate Covered Cinnamon Bears
9. Lagoon
10. MY FAMILY!!!




Oh it was a fantastic trip and I'm thinking my moving there is pretty much a sure thing at this point. We were at my grandparents wedding anniversary party and I came inside at some point and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I looked so happy (the shiny eyes can't stop smiling look)! And we were watching the talent show portion of the evening and my aunt and uncle were singing "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" and I looked over at my grandparents and they were looking at each other so in love and holding hands and I burst into tears (I'm such a baby!) and I looked around and it was one of those slow motion moments were you look around and see all your family laughing and playing...you see the ones you bond with and the ones who drive you crazy and you think...this is my family...this is where I belong. I was so hesitant to leave! But nonetheless I have things to do here...I arrived home (after about a thousand airplanes and a lot of dramamine and xanex) to a message on the answering machine from Community North Hospital offering me a posistion on the Med/Surg floor! YAY! So I'll be doing a shadow day and then start orientation! I am so beyond happy right now

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...