Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 1 and My Favorite TV shows...

So today was Day #1 of my walking adventures...and it went pretty well!I finally convinced Mackenzie to go out walking/jogging with me this evening and let me tell ya...what an adventure! We are lucky enough to have some great trails by our house and we determined that if we went around each trail twice that it would be a really good work out...so that is what we did! I greatly underestimated how hot and humid it was outside so note to self...don't wear a jacket and bring a water bottle next time...other than that though it was great! I loved jogging and we decided to do it every uphill we came to so we could maximize our workout. So great and I'm glad we did it...we'll be doing it tomorrow as well and hopefully every evening from now on...I'm working for our daytime receptionist this week because she is on her honeymoon...so I have to get up early all week...no fun...but I'll get a great paycheck so that makes it worth it!!! I get continually more nervous for my test on Wednesday....but what can I do about that right? Also I wanted to share with you all my favorite TV obsessions...I have 2 currently. One is about to end...it was a 7 part documentary series on ABC following the DR's and nurses at Johns Hopkins Hospital on Baltimore , Maryland. I LOVE IT!!! For obvious reasons. I enjoy ER and Grey's Anatomy but I loved seeing the reality of the hospital so much more. The cases are great...I've seen 3 real heart transplants, a lung transplant, a kidney transplant, trauma cases in the emergency room, the NICU (which is a bit depressing) and surgery as well. Incredible.

My second favorite TV show is "Jon & Kate Plus 8" on TLC. It's about this family who had twins and then decided to try again 3 years later and ended up with sextuplets. The kids are so cute and so funny! and Jon and Kate are such a breath of fresh air when it comes to being parents. The don't try to be perfect and they have a great sense of humor...which I guess with 8 kids under the age of 8...you would have to have a great sense of humor huh?


Well anyway...if you are able to tune in to either of these shows I highly recommend them!!! That's it for me tonight!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...