Thursday, September 4, 2008

(Oh Random Thoughts)

I was thinking that it's been awhile since I updated my blog but the truth is...my life has been completely boring. I had some crazy work drama happen (long story that will just make me mad so...we'll skip it), I went out with Rhi and had a blast! We got a baby shower gift for my friend Jen (more on that) and then went to Olive Garden and Wal-Mart which were so fun!- Truly if there is a way to make something ordinary...EXTRAordinary....we will do it. At Walmart I bought some CD's...first was a classic old favorite of mine that I have just worn out over the years....(drum roll please)...Journey: Greatest Hits. Seriously the best album of all time. Hands down. I just love the feeling I get when I hear the first chords of "Don't Stop Believin"...it is my go to song. The one that pumps me up before every big event that goes on in my life...and truly every other song on there is just as good. I play it almost every morning when I'm getting ready for work while singing (as loud as I can no doubt) to every song. IS there a better power ballad than "Open Arms"??? I think not. Ok enough of that. I hope I've successfully projected my love of all things Journey and Steve Perry related on to you....
The second CD I got was Abba Gold: The Greatest Hits...because who doesn't love Abba? Am I right? Of course I am.

Saturday I went to a baby shower for one of my best and greatest friends in the whole world. Jen Chaput nee Dearth. It was fantastic. My present (s) was (were) fabulous (if I do say so myself)...the mother to be was beautiful as usual...and I got to see my long lost friend Dee(ana) Lahti who moved to LA to be an actress and will take over the world one day...for real. It was SO fun!
Sunday was church and let me tell you something...I am completely in love with my Sunbeams! They are just so adorable! Even when one is yelling at the other, one is completely turned around in their seat, one is trying to tell me 15 things at once, one is trying to climb out the window etc...all they have to do is smile at me and they melt my heart. I'm thinking of making a post every week just of funny/sweet things they say..here are a couple of my favorites from this past Sunday...
Kaia Wilson...what a girl! When asked in Primary what things we need to be happy she yells with all her might "AIR!" and then she always has a hilarious story...one that stands out in my mind is the time she told pretty much everyone that she had a dream that her mom's face fell off...she is such a character and I adore her.
Kalia Smith in Primary was asked the question..."What do we need to be grateful to Heavenly Father for?" she answers (quite intelligently) "Cupcakes"...that's my kind of girl.
Katie Marble...maybe the cutest girl I've ever seen came up to me and taps me on the shoulder then points to her shoe. I look and it seems as though she has something growing out of her sock. I asked what was in her sock...she smiled and pulls out this little stuffed chicken. I laughed so hard I thought I would cry.
Those are just the ones that I remember...they are all so great though. I just love them.
I am signed up for Netflix and this weekend I decided to have a Vegas themed weekend so I got the movies "21" and "What Happens in Vegas" they were both really good. I loved 21...and now I want to become a Blackjack expert. And "What Happens in Vegas" was surprisingly...very funny.

Football season is starting and I'm SO excited!!! Since I was too late to sign up for my uncle's fantasy football league...I'm have my own. It's great because I get to have whoever I want on it.


"Gossip Girl" and "One Tree Hill" came back Monday night...which I just couldn't be more thrilled about. And on the subject of television...On Monday they had a Beverly Hills 90210 marathon on SoapNet and I fell in love with that show all over again!!! I started Tivoing it now and I can't wait to come home from work and find out if Dylan and Brenda are still together, which girl Brandon is going to date next, and what is up with Donna and David...


Tomorrow I have my shadow experience at the hospital and I am so excited for it!!! Wish me luck!
I think this post has gone on for long enough...I guess I didn't realize how much actually has happened lately! :)
All good things!
-Ness
*Side note...I did not realize until just now while re-reading this post how many ()parentheses I used through out this post...my apologies...

1 comment:

ODCFkids said...

i almost made nic watch 90210 when i stole the remote the other night, but he's bigger than me and when he realized what had happened, he forcefully took the remote and promptly changed the channel back to football.

it was amazing to see you, i miss you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...