Thursday, April 2, 2009

Waffles After Midnight

Because of my night shift schedule I clearly don't have a normal eating schedule either. In the morning when I get home from work I will usually have something like a bowl of cereal or if there were any left overs from dinner the night before that sound ok. Then I sleep. When I wake up I'll usually have a snack and then I will eat "lunch" at work. On my nights off Calah stays up with me most nights and we watch movies and such. Right at around midnight or so is when I would normally have my "lunch" at work. This is also right around the time my sister decides she is hungry. The conversation usually starts out like this...
Calah: "Hey doesn't -fill in the blank- sound really good?"
Vanessa: "Yeah..."
C: "Yeah I wish I had someone to make it for me..."
V: "Yeah that would be pretty great"
She is clearly indicating that I make and serve her food...
15 minutes go by...
C: "Wow I really wish I had some -fill in the blank- right now...."
I usually just go ahead and make her what she wants about now because if I don't she'll talk about it constantly every 5-10 minutes for the rest of the night. Claiming that it's all she ever wanted and all she needs is -fill in the blank- to be happy...oh yeah Calah...you're breaking my heart.
Last night it was waffles. We didn't have any waffle batter however so Calah went online and thoughtfully found me a recepie to make homemade waffle batter. I have had this really bad cold all week and really didn't feel like it but to spare the on going whining I went ahead and decided to make them and the recepie actually didn't sound that hard...we also took pictures to document our night...

Calah was obviously really quick to help me...thanks sister

Ingredients were prepped and mixed


I was getting really excited because I discovered I'm the best waffle batter from scratch maker EVER!




Calah loved them and I didn't have to hear her cry all night.
It was actually pretty fun...hopefully Calah won't start getting crazy ideas for random things she needs me to make...like wedding cake or eclairs or something....I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

The Miranda's said...

you are sucha good sister...i don't think i would do that for Kelly..lol...

Jaime said...

I need a super yummy scratch waffle recipe. Want to share? I love that you guys hang out together...and food makes it even better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...