Wednesday, April 29, 2009

American Idol Update!

That time of the week again that I know you all look forward to...my weekly break down of American Idol.
So last week TWO people had to go home and guess who they were...?
Lil Rounds and Anoop
Just goes to show that if you don't have a real name...they WILL be purchasing you a one way ticket back home.
I felt a little bad for Lil Rounds because when she started she really was amazing...it seems the more hair they added to her head the worse she got...sad really.



Last night was Standards night...and boy the competition was really on!
First up was my new absolute favorite...Kris Allen who sang "The Way You Look Tonight"- which is probably one of my favorite romantic songs of all time. It's so sweet and sometimes can actually bring me to tears. Kris did great of course and I think he should win.

Next was my dear Allison Iraheta who sang "Somebody to Watch Over Me" which was good but I'm starting to agree with Simon when he said that she doesn't sing like she wants to win...there isn't that spark and passion that others have but nothing can dispute her vocal ability.

Matt Giraud sang "My Funny Valentine" and I loved it. Do I think he should win? No. But do I think he is great and really wants to stay? Yes. Good job Matt.

Danny Gokey sang a great classic "Come Rain or Come Shine" and I personally thought that it was his best vocal to date. He sang with emotion and energy and just did great!

Last was Adam Lambert...
He sang the song "Feeling Good" made famous by Nina Simone. This song just happens to be in my top 5 favorite songs of ALL TIME! So I was really needing him to live up to the high expectation I give to people who sing it. Michael Buble and Muse are the only ones who have ever done even half as good as Nina did singing this song. And I must say I quite enjoyed Adam's version. He really does need to tone down the screaming though...we get it Adam. You can stop shouting now. But bar none he did have the best intro to a song so far.

And that's about it...I don't think there has ever been a season who had 5 really amazing and talented people left in the competition at the same time...it should be interesting to see who goes home tonight....quote me now it will probably be Matt going home...or Allison...maybe Kris though...or Adam..or quite possibly Danny.
You heard it here first.

1 comment:

The Miranda's said...

Thanks for the update..you should seriously write fox and give them your blog so people who miss american idol can catch up with your writing..it's incredible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...