Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Disco Inferno: An American Idol Update

So it's been a week since last week's American Idol update. Last week Matt was the one who was the bottom....but in a shocking twist of events the judges decided to keep him which means that tonight 2 people will go home...can you even HANDLE the suspense? I know me either. Last night was Disco night. Now...normally the word "disco" sends chills down my spine and the sudden urge to vomit arises. I'm not a fan of the 70's....what a horrible decade in history...however, I must say that this year I actually kind of enjoyed disco night. And the only reason why was because these guys ACTUALLY impressed me. They were (for the most part) able to take songs that normally make me want to drive a screwdriver through my skull and turn them into songs that I would consider downloading! I don't know if I've said this before but I really think that this season's group of people are BY FAR the most talented collected group EVER.
My favorites were pretty much the same....
Kris Allen is slowly edging his way up to my favorite guy singer. He comes up with the most incredible arrangements! He sang the song "She Works Hard For the Money" and turned it into genius. I'm so impressed by him...and did I mention he's totally adorable?
Allison Iraheta sang "Hot Stuff" which is clearly a work of lyrical genius. I really liked her arrangement and her vocals but as I was thinking I really wish she would have sang "Knock on Wood" instead or maybe a rousing rendition of "Raining Men"....I think if she re-arranged that song a bit she could have totally killed it. Fortunately for her she could probably sing the phonebook and totally kill it.
Adam Lambert ...I would have bet money that he would sing "Brick House" but he actually sang "If I Can't Have You" and I was preparing myself for yet another performance where he comes out....dances around...gives "sexy eyes" to the camera and then practically splits my ear drums on his last note because he sings so high. But this time he actually took a fast song and slowed it down and sang it as a ballad which I really enjoyed because he was becoming a one trick pony for me. Paula Abdul was turning into a "pool of abdul" because of his performance which sounds pretty gross. She said his performance was like he "ripped out his heart and left it there on stage" which is actually REALLY gross. I wouldn't go that far but it was good.
Danny Gokey sang "September". He did a great and solid performance.
Matt Giraud sang "Stayin Alive"....which was ironic...but not necessarily good. It wasn't bad but I really really like him and I'm so sad he isn't living up to his potential....

And rounding out my bottom 2 once again....
Lil Rounds....she sang Chaka Kahn's song "I'm Every Woman"....not well might I add.
And again...Anoop
Who invited this kid? Every performance of his makes me want to laugh out loud....sometimes for no reason at all. All the judges loved his performance....EXCEPT for the only judge who has apparently NOT had a lobotomy...Simon of course who said "mediocre at best" Thank you Simon...could not have said it better myself.

So now I guess it's up to America....and I'll be interesting in finding out the verdict. And what about you? Who did you feel had the hot stuff baby this evening?
Let me know.
Keep Boogie Oogie Oogie-ing all you Jive Turkeys.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...