Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Seacrest Out

I realized that I have yet to blog about American Idol...more importantly...my feelings on American Idol.
So here we go...currently there is a Top 7 but since you missed out on all my many opinions...I will give you a run down on the season so far.
First...new judge. Kara DioShamalamadingdong....or DioGuardi. Apparently she is a song writer. And if I'm being honest she is a good song writer and many of the artists I really enjoy sing songs she has written...on the other hand....no one really had any clue who she was. And she bothers me because I think she wants to be the female version of Simon..which can't happen.


Second...Simon. I adore Simon. We are psychically connected in some way- every opinion I have on the contestants he usually has too and he vocalizes them so well. I have a feeling we are judge soulmates. And I'm jealous that he has more cleavage than me.


Third...Seacrest. Throughout this season I have also come to the shocking and slightly disturbing fact that Ryan Seacrest is in fact prettier than me. Facts of life.

Moving on to the contestants...
There were a few that I didn't care about at all...not even enough to remember their names. Recently Megan was eliminated. I really liked her voice but she became a hot mess on stage...nervous and such


...speaking of hot messes...as anyone seen Paula Abdul lately?


Anyway back to the contestants....


Scott McIntyre...


he was the guy who was blind. Which on one hand is really great that he was able to do the choreography and everything and he did so good....except with the singing. His singing sometimes made me wish I was deaf. It was just not good. And the way the judges patronized him really bothered me. Just because he is blind doesn't mean that you should be so shocked that he can do anything good...I mean Helen Keller was blind AND deaf so...what now?

Currently there are 7 left (until tonight when someone else gets eliminated)
My current favorites include...
Danny Gokey

he is so sweet, I love his voice, and his story is so sweet. He was married to his one true love and she passed away early. I commend him on following his dream and he always sings with so much emotion.

Kris Allen

he is first of all adorable and second of all he has killer vocal arrangement. He sang a version of "Aint no Sunshine" by Bill Withers that gave me chills

Allison Iraheta

this girl has got some PIPES! She is amazing and she is only 16! I am amazed by her.

In between

Adam Lambert
don't get me wrong...this guy is SUPER talented and every week I can't wait to see him just to see what crazy thing he came up with this week. I just think sometimes he seems a bit affected. I do like him for the most part though.

Matt Giraud

I REALLY like him but most of the times he doesn't live up to his potential...which disappoints me.
Not so much...
Lil Rounds


She used to be really good but she lost it somewhere....

and...lastly
Who invited this kid?


Anoop "Doggie Dogg"...yeah go ahead and just leave. I'm not a fan. He tries too hard. Last night he sang Bryan Adams "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)" and to be honest I don't believe Anoop would do ANYTHING for me...let alone everything. Sorry buddy.

And that is my season of American Idol in a nutshell. I'll let you know how I feel about the rest of the season...

Nelson out.

2 comments:

The Miranda's said...

lol..thanks for the update! Seriously, there's no reason to watch the show..you are spot on with all the things you said and we'll just have to see...

Justin and Shellese said...

Hey Vanessa i just love your blog! Justin is reading this with me and he wants to hear your comments on the British Lady from Britains Got Talent! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...