Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm Country Strong

Last weekend I got the opportunity to go and see this movie.
And can I just say.....one of the best movies I've ever seen.  Ever.  First of all you must know....I absolutely ADORE Gwenyth Paltrow.  I adore Tim McGraw, and I adore Leighton Meester.  That being said...all 3 of them were in this movie.  As well as a handsome fellow I'll get to in a minute.  The story is beautiful.  It's about a famous country singer who enters rehab for alcoholism and when she leaves her husband/manager puts her back on tour.   The story is absolutely beautiful and the acting is phenomenal.  GO SEE THIS MOVIE.  Especially if you love country music but even if you don't.  That being said here are 2 of my favorite parts.
This is when Gwenyth's character goes to play for the Make A Wish Foundation for a little boy with leukemia who loves her music.  His name is Travis.  This part made me bawl my eyes out.



Let's also talk about how Gwenyth did all her own singing for this movie. Who knew??? (Well I did because I happen to watch a little show called "Glee" that she happened to guest star on. She was amazing.)

My other favorite is when Leighton Meester's character and Garrett Hedlund's characters do a beautiful duet.  Seriously everything about it is perfect.  The song is just....flawless.  I must say at the beginning of the movie I was watching Garrett's character and I was like...."eh...he's ok...he has way too much hair" and by the end of the movie I was all "Well...I like hair" so....enjoy.  (you might as well just put it on repeat now)


Seriously...if I'm not making my point clear I'll say it one more time...GO SEE THIS MOVIE and if you need someone to go with give me a call...I'm dying to see it again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...