Sunday, December 12, 2010

New Challenge Day 28

Day 28 - Your Favorite Movie

 No other movie in the world speaks to me more than "Breakfast At Tiffanys"

i'm not sure why. maybe it's the lead character Holly Golightly's (played by the amazing Audrey Hepburn) eccentric personality.


maybe it's Paul Varjak's (played by George Peppard) cynicism.



maybe its the way neither of them believe in love.



maybe it's the way they find it anyway.


 I really identify with the characters and I've always wanted to be exactly like Audrey Hepburn (as if you didn't already know that).

plus i feel the same way as Holly about Tiffanys.

It's filled with so many classic lines...

"I've got to do something about the way I look. I mean a girl just can't go to Sing Sing with a green face."

"The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling? Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name"

"You could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you."

"You musn't give your heart to a wild thing. The more you do, the stronger they get, until they're strong enough to run into the woods or fly into a tree. And then to a higher tree and then to the sky."

"Certain shades of limelight will ruin a girls complexion"

I just absolutely am madly in love with this movie. It's a love story but a love story I can identify with. It's beautiful, sad, funny, magical.

please if you haven't seen this movie. do. immediately. you won't regret it.

(and if you're a regular blog reader...yes I did indeed copy and paste this old entry... )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...