Thursday, June 25, 2009

The King of Pop



Today June 25th 2009 the first musical idol I ever had...died. I was and still am in shock. Michael Jackson is dead...? I seriously still can't believe it. Growing up I listened to a lot of different music but MJ will always stand out to me. My first words as a kid were "Who's Bad?"...yeah it explains a lot I know. I remember the hours I spent in front of the TV trying desperately to learn the dances to "Beat It" and of course "Thriller". I remember first hearing the song "Billie Jean" and falling totally in love with it. I was actually pretty in love with Michael himself as well. Seeing the music video for "Gone Too Soon" dedicated to Ryan White reduces me to tears everytime. I know Michael wasn't always necessarily a stand up role model (ie dangling his baby off a balcony) and there was always controversy surrounding him (but in the "Hollywood" scene isn't there always?). I will always respect him as a musical ground breaker and an artistic genius. He was truly gifted and special. His talent will greatly be missed in my life as well as the music industry...
Here are some videos in remembrance for you viewing pleasure.
Heal The World
Make It A Better Place
For You And For Me
And The Entire Human Race
There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me
~Michael Jackson "Heal the World"



Slash and Michael together? Dream come true! And who remembers the brilliant moon walk???

and of course the song that started it all for me...

If you get a chance you should watch some of his old music videos on YouTube...they are so theatrical...they are like mini movies...so brilliant.
Favorites of mine include:
The Way You Make Me Feel
PYT
Billie Jean
Smooth Criminal

1 comment:

The Miranda's said...

so I was hoping you would write something about MJ on here! I saw it coming and I agree, he was one incredible artist!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...