Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Bub!



Today is Bee Bop's Birthday aka Bub, Bubby, Kiki, Beeboperooni, etc...
I have many names for my brother.

Words can not express how grateful I am for Kian.

He has been the comic relief our family needs.

His laugh is contagious. He laughs, then I laugh, which makes him laugh harder...and we keep this going.

He LOVES playing hide and seek with me. He will randomly come up to me and say "ok you hide and I'll count...1, 2, 3..." and most of the time I can't resist

He says things to my dad like "I surely am not belligerent!" (my dad was using the word saying that he was acting belligerent and that was Kian's response)

He always asks "How was work" or "How was your day?"

He loves doing the "Bedtime Chart" with me.

He gives the best huggies.

He can take on anybody in the Mickey racing game for N64 and totally dominate.

He constantly amazes me with how smart he is. He writes his name, reads, spells, draws really cool golf greens, and the things he comes up with to say are just so intelligent.

He once told me that he knew who I was going to marry. When I asked him who he said himself which I promptly set him straight on...but it was still cute.

He can sing all the words to "These Boots Were Made For Walkin" and "SexyBack" which I SWEAR I had nothing to do with.

We sing other silly made up songs together.

We play basketball outside together and crack up the whole time.

He tells me I look "Beufital" which is his way of saying beautiful...and I love it.

Of course there are the times when he drives me absolutely nuts. Like when he claps or yells really loud or bangs on my bedroom door to wake me up. He yells at me and tells me I'm being a punk and then says "Well fine, we're not friends"...when I ask him when we can be friends he always says "On Tuesday"
(even though it is sooner than that).
Even though I can get so mad at him I think that I could stand to live without him...I have moments like I did last week...
Kian and I were laying in my parent's bed watching "Wow Wow Wubzzy" and we were having an in depth discussion of whether or not Wubzzy is a boy or a girl, and he put his arm around my neck and looked at me and smiled and said "I love you Nini"*pronounced nee nee which is what he calls me* and I started crying. Not bawling but my eyes did tear up. I can not imagine my life without him and the thought of him ever having to go through things that are hard or bad makes me cringe. I just want to protect him and baby him and have those moments with him forever. I don't want him to grow up. Hopefully as he does grow up we can be friends and buddies forever. Or at least on Tuesdays.
I love you Bubby!!!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Vanessa,
That was the sweetest post ever. You are such an amazing big sister. Kian is a really neat kid and I admire your relationship with him.
Thanks for sharing.

Caren said...

I have to agree with Jaime, I love this post! Thanks for letting him know how much you love him.

Tara said...

Wow, what a great post! Vanessa, you are such a loving, patient person. That was just so sweet. I'm so glad Jacob gets to borrow you for a few hours on Sunday :) And I hope you and Kian both had good birthdays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...