Thursday, May 10, 2012

Summer Make Up Essentials

make up stuff

make up stuff by vanessanelson featuring a cream eye shadow

1) Clinique BB Cream -$37
Love the lightweight texture.  It helps correct skin tone, hydrates, and protects!  

2) Dior Bronzing Powder - $46
LOVE a great bronzer all year round but especially in summer.  I usually like to get a matte one just because you can add shimmer with your blush.

3) Nars "The Multiple" Cream Blush -$39
Love love love this blush!  Super easy to use and the perfect shades.  

4) Bobbi Brown Cream Shadows - $24
I like using cream shadows in the summer because they are lightweight and natural looking.  

5) Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes Liner - $18
One of the smoothest eyeliners I've ever used.  It's good to have a waterproof one in the summer because there's more opportunities for it to run (humidity, sweat, swimming)

6) Laura Mercier Lip Glace - $24
Seriously the best gloss EVER.  My favorite shade is "Opal" because it's a gorgeous beige/pink.  It's perfection.  These glosses are lightweight, not sticky....amazing.

I know a lot of these are pricey so.....I made ANOTHER  set of summer essentials just because I love you!


Untitled #42

Untitled #42 by vanessanelson featuring revlon cosmetics

1) Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Foundation - $10.49
I love the PhotoReady line from Revlon.  I think it's one of the best that drugstore brands have to offer.  The mousse make up is super lightweight, has good coverage, and a little goes a long way.

2) Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer - $4.49
Matte finish, 3 different shades.  The staying power isn't the best but it works well for the price!

3) Sonia Kashuk Creme Blush - $9.89
Sonia Kashuk is a make up artist who developed a line of cosmetics for Target.  I LOVE her products.  Good quality without the high price tag.  Her cream blush is FABULOUS.

4) Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadow - $4.94
Before I worked at a department store cosmetics counter...these were the only shadows I used!  I love them.  Not a lot of staying power but I bet if you splurged on a really good eyeshadow base, these would stay on a lot better.

5) Cover Girl Lash Blash 24H Liner - $6.99
Love the precision point on the liner and the fact that it's long lasting!

6) Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - $6.49
My friend Morgan introduced me to these and I'm OBSESSED.  Wears so comfortably...almost like a balm but has great great color!  My faves so far are: Strawberry Shortcake, Cherry Tart, and Raspberry Pie
Everyone should own at LEAST one of these.

I hope this post was helpful!  I'll be doing more of these so if you have any questions or tips you'd like to see...let me know!
xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...