Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hit Me Baby One More Time

I remember when I was 12 years old this girl named Britney Spears released an album.  I was completely hooked.  I learned the dances, played the CD CONSTANTLY, made up my own music videos to her songs, I even bought knee socks.
I'm not joking.
Britney Spears literally changed my life.  I know that sounds a bit dramatic but it's true.  I know she gets a bad wrap but let's be honest- she changed pop music.  At the time there were ZERO pop stars out there that were female (I'm not counting Madonna...she's been around forever).  After Britney came Christina, Jessica, Mandy, etc....but she started it.
Glee tonight paid tribute to Britney and it was awesome.
Reminded me of how obsessed I was with this music video when it was released.  I was in 7th grade and I would literally sit in front of MTV every day after school just waiting for them to play it.



Say what you will about Britney. To me she will always be amazing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...