Friday, May 29, 2009

gLee

So last night I was finally able to watch the pilot episode of the new fall Fox show
Glee
I fell in love immediately.
The show is funny, smart, and brilliant.
PLUS it is filled with great music!
The kid in it is obsessed with 80's music...especially Journey and I pretty much felt as if I had met my soulmate.
For those of you who don't know the show is about a Spanish teacher who was once in the Glee Club at the same school he teaches at.
When the glee teacher gets fired he offers to take over but he program is greatly overshadowed by the "Cheerios" or the performing cheerleading squad. Because all their budget goes into football and cheerleading the principal tells this teacher that he will actually have to PAY $60 a month to keep glee club around.
The teacher has been married to his high school sweetheart/cheerleader for 5 years and she is a total...not nice person who wants him to quit glee. In the meantime he has another teacher at the school who has a big time crush on him but he is of course oblivious. The kids who are in glee are all rejects until the captain of the football team gets "tricked" into joining.

If you get a chance watch it at hulu.com
I promise you won't be disappointed.
In the meantime check out this video of the kids singing their song "Don't Stop Believin"...if that didn't get me hooked on this show I don't know what would! :)

Don't Stop Believin Kids...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...