Wednesday, May 6, 2009

AI Run Down

Ok...American Idol.
Matt went home...sad but really who wasn't expecting it? I believe if you go back to look at my post last week you will clearly see that I totally called that one....yeah.
So anyway last night the theme was Rock and let me tell you...it did NOT disappoint!
Let me make it clear to you that classic rock is in my top 5 favorite things of all time...right along side mashed potatoes, wearing scrubs, diet coke, and Zack Morris.
So I was excited.
Now among all my favorite classic rock idols there is one that I am truly, hopelessly, and endlessly in love with.
He is so completely major that he needs only one name ladies and gentlemen...and that name is
SLASH
Even just hearing his name sends shivers down my spine.






Leaving his pure and brilliant talent aside...(I mean really WHO plays guitar like that???)

ANYONE who can totally rock it out while wearing leather pants, no shirt, no shoes, a top hat, an afro, while also smoking a cigarette (even though we shouldn't smoke kids...it will kill you)......GENIUS! HE COMPLETELY BLOWS MY MIND!

Wow...now that I've gotten THAT out of my system...
The American Idol kids had no idea what a treat they were in for. Their mentor this week? Oh I don't know just some guy by the name of
SLASH
(Did you feel the shivers?)
At the point where my little sweetheart Kris started playing guitar with
SLASH
I pretty much wanted to jump through the television screen.
I mean it could NOT get any better than that....
I'm still breathless.
So for the performances...
Adam went first and he decided to sing "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin and I..to be honest..was worried. I LOVE Led Zeppelin as well and if you've ever listened to them you know that Robert Plant has that whole high falsetto thing going for him too so I was waiting for the inevitable moment where Adam screamed at me and I heard dogs barking.
It never came.
What? He actually did a terrific job...except for really Adam...let's start working on toning down the "sexy eyes"...there are about 10 other men in the world who I would rather be giving me those eyes...you are not on the list and I'm pretty sure Simon isn't impressed either.
Next up was Allison and I was really excited to see what she would end up singing because she also has that great rock quality voice. She sang "Cry Baby" by Janis Joplin and I loved it! Huge fan of Janis, huge fan of Allison, and when you combine the two...it's just lovely. The judges were really harping on her tonight though....and seriously...Kara? I'm SO OVER YOU! Go home! I would trade Anoop for YOU!...ok maybe not.
Sorry....I digress.
We then took a break from the competition to shake it up a bit. Duets. First of the night was Kris and Danny singing "Renegade" made famous by Styx. I loved their harmonies....it was good stuff.
Kris then gave us a delightful musical snack in the form of "Come Together" by the Beatles. Also loved it. The judges...not so much. Even Paula wasn't on her weird trippy "you can be anything you want" kind of moods. It was very strange.
Then darling little Danny Gokey came out to sing. Poor kid. I was really wondering what he would decide to sing because really- thinking about him singing rock was kind of giving me the same image as Eminem in a boy band.
He chose "Dream On" by Aerosmith which is a completely brilliant song by a completley genius band. There is a note in that song which Steve Tyler frankly BARELY gets away with....so when Danny decided to sing that note I wanted to shout "Abort!" "Abort!"
But he did it anyway.
And just as I suspected...yikes.
That is where I will leave that one at. Although I did like his outfit.
Then Adam and Allison rocked it out to "Slow Ride" and it was fabulous! They should totally do a duets album...I want to hear "Islands in the Stream" next time....and I think Adam should probably sing Dolly's part.
Just sayin.
All in all though it was a quite enjoyable night. I will be very interested in seeing who ends up leaving.
So there ya have it.
Rock On Folks
XOXO,
Me and
SLASH

Ok I'm done...really.

P.S. You can click on the performers names and it will link you to the videos on youtube.

1 comment:

The Miranda's said...

thanks for the links and the update..i was laughing out loud..hilarious...You don't like Kara at all do you? I don't think she is that bad..I find Paula more annoying than her..anyway, you didn't give us who you thought would be going home....SLASH! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...