Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Will You Accept This Rose?

The Bachelor. I have watched every season of this show...as well as The Bachelorette seasons....since the show started in like 2000. It fascinates me. This season was no different. This bachelor Jason Mesnick was from a previous season of The Bachelorette (who was from another season of The Bachelor...anyone sufficiently confused?). He was rejected, went home broken hearted and was the new bachelor. If I was on the show I might actually pray to get jilted so I could have the opportunity of meeting 25 hot guys who want to be in love with me...I'm just sayin. Anyway this season he finally narrowed it down to 3 (after getting rid of some truely heinous women....Megan..that's all I'm gonna say)
He had Jillian, Melissa, and Molly.
I LOVED Jillian

She was cute and fun and just so down to earth...and to top it all off she had a great sense of fashion AND a canadian accent...what more could you want? I actually vowed never to watch the show again when he got rid of her. And by vowing never to watch the show again I pretty much vowed never to watch it again until the following Monday when the next episode aired.
So it was the final two.

Melissa and Molly

I liked Melissa for Jason..I didn't really like her all that much. I thought she was a little lost and insecure (which I'm starting to think is a prerequisite for the show) but she obviously loved Jason and was so good with Jason's son Ty. You could see them as a family.
Molly....I didn't really care for her all that much. Just personally didn't think she was very open and she kind of just seemed aloof most of the time.

In the finale Jason said adios to Molly and picked Melissa.

They hugged, kissed, he asked her to be his wife, they are engaged...happily ever after right?


Not so much.
Jason proposed to Melissa a 9:59. By 10:04 he was breaking up with her, getting the ring back and professing his undying love for who?

MOLLY!

What???
I was floored. It was like an episode of The Bachelor if it was called "Punk'd". I was waiting for Ashton Kutcher to pop up. I didn't really know what to say. I've done some thinking and these are my final opinions. It's true that life and feelings change. It's the real world. I understand that his feelings for Melissa may have been different but what can you expect when you suddenly have to sit back and it is just you 2 with no cameras or fancy dates...of course things are going to change somewhat. What I am most upset about is that just as Melissa said before she stormed off the set after he broke up with her is "You didn't want to fight for Melissa". So true. If Jason's feelings for Molly were that strong then he should have just picked her in the end. He should have had the respect for Melissa not to propose to her. And uh hello Molly! Let's not only have some respect for yourself but also for Melissa before you go macking on the man she JUST BROKE UP WITH. What a homewrecker.

I'm just waiting for him to change his mind about Molly too. I can picture the conversation now....
"Ya know what Molly....I'm really just not feeling it. The chemistry has changed and I would really like to try it out with (fill in the blank name) instead."
I'm thinking he may just work his way through all the girls until he gets to Kari (who he eliminated after the first week)- pretty sure she is ACTUALLY his soulmate.

So word to the wise- when a guy says to you "Will you accept this rose?", don't take him seriously. Because he might just say "Just kidding...I actually meant to give the rose to someone else".
In other news Jillian is the next Bachelorette! (See what I mean?) and I couldn't be happier. I just hope she makes the right decision the first time around.

4 comments:

ODCFkids said...

for realsie. however, i have a sense of sorrow for everyone involved. there really are no winners here, except for maybe melissa who doesn't have to be with whatshisface anymore. i thought she was great in that one episode i watched from the whole season, which also happened to be the last. but it was enough for me to say, hey - she has a great head on her shoulders. i'm sure she'll find someone better. go team go!

The Miranda's said...

oh man was that a season...I loved Melissa for Jason too! Molly was cool, but I just never saw the real love between the two..and I'm excited about Jillian too!

Caren said...

Yay!!! I love this post and I especially love the pictures with the captions you added. You are brilliant!!

Jenny said...

I completely agree! I loved Jason in the beginning but man! he began to lose my respect when he started making out with every single girl on the show.

In the end he seemed very deceptive to me, and not the nice,genuine, left-to-pick-up-the-pieces single dad that I thought he was. He acted like a 20-year-old immature bachelor then finished everything off with a stint that belonged on Jerry Springer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...