Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Toast with a Song

I have a secret. I own something that I would be slightly embarrassed to bring with me into a home with a significant other. In fact...not many people know I own it. Since I don't really care about my dignity I thought I would share with you this dirty little secret of mine.


My Cinderella toaster.


Yes I am 22 almost 23 years old and I own a princess toaster. Here is my defense.
1. It is SO cute!
2. The toast comes out PERFECTLY!
3. When the toast pops up it plays a princess song...entertainment!
4. It imprints an actual Cinderella slipper on the actual toast!...fun!

Obviously I am easily entertained. But also in my defense they obviously market this product to adults. What kid sits on Santa's lap and asks for a toaster??? (Actually when I was a kid if this had been around...I might have- but only as a second resort to Zack Morris's love).
This morning I was feeling like toast. Not just any toast... oh no no no....princess toast. So I pulled it out of the cabinet where it hides safely so no one can see it. I popped my bread in and waited in anticipation.

Then I heard the magical pop noise and the familiar tune. Voila! Perfect toast!


I slapped some peanut butter and some banana on that and it was fabulous!

Plus the whole process just put me in a way better mood.
So there ya go. My secret. Just don't tell any of my future boyfriends until they are so absolutely in love with me that the toaster will seem more cute and quirky than weird.

3 comments:

The Miranda's said...

hilarious! what a classic, so you better not get rid of that thing!

ODCFkids said...

quirky is great! plus, who wouldn't want perfect toast!?

Jaime said...

I SOOO need a Cinderella toaster. That is the best thing ever. When will you make us some amazing toast? I love that you have it and that you shared.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...