Monday, March 2, 2009

Dante's Inferno

Has anyone read Dante's Inferno? It's very interesting. It's basically about all the different levels of hell and who will end up there and what will happen in that circle of hell. One night at work another tech and I were comparing the different units of the hospital to the different levels of hell like Dante's Inferno. Last night I got floated to the third floor. Or in other words....Level 8.
Here is a description of the punishment one would experience in a level 8 situation...and I quote
"Eternally walking and tormented. Living in excrement. Stuffed into holes. Heads turned backwards. Boiling tar. Lead capes. Snakes. Flames."
The bold and larger words would be key in the reason why the 3rd floor is level 8. I actually do like that floor in some weird and twisted way. It is the medical/renal/oncology floor...a lot of sadness, depression, and inevitable death. Right around 4 am I experienced my first code blue. Very strange. I kind of felt like I was in an episode of ER. And I felt pretty cool. But it's a lot more real than TV when the patient gets transfered to the ICU and codes again and you just think...wow this person was alive 15 minutes ago and now everything is about to change.
Needless to say it was a long and busy night. I'm hurting from head to toe from running up and down 3 flights of stairs all night....so...it's off to my own version of Level 6 which punishment is "Living in smoking tombs"...in my case the tomb is a bed...my bed to be specific and I will be living in it until 7pm tonight at least.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...