Sunday, November 30, 2008

Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam...

How many times can I possibly say that I adore my Sunbeam class? This was one of those weeks when I was kind of bracing myself for church today. I haven't been feeling well (that sinus/allergy stuff that makes your head feel like a balloon and no amount of blowing can solve....) and so the idea of going to church and dealing with 10 kids who only want to roll around and tell me stories about bad guys, fires, swords, things blowing up (seriously...these kids are kind of morbid)....it just didn't seem like something I was particularly interested in today. But I went in and the minute you see these kids with their smiling faces your heart literally melts. Our sharing time was a video that Gordon B. Hinckley was in and it was a special one for primary kids about the north star being like the church and Cathy Gorge was asking them questions about what President Hinckley said and my kids knew all the answers! I was so proud! Usually they try to finagle the answer out of me so I will whisper it to them so they can answer but this time they did it all by themselves! And as usual our class was filled with funny moments....here are a few of my favorite Sunbeams quotes...

Layton: "No snacks! Snacks are for babies!" (he was very adament about this...)

Caroline: "Did you know that I am 12?"
Kaia(to Simon): "Don't listen to her Simon she does not know what she is talking about"

Jacob came up to show me the card he made for the bishop and Kaia pats him on the head and said "Great job Jacob!"

Katie: "One time I was blowing out birthday candles and the fire went all the way up my hair and to my forehead" (this is a favorite story of hers...I hear it at least 3 times a month)

Kaia: "I have a scripture about Harry Potter"

These kids are awesome. We learned about how we all need to use teamwork at church and they really got it. I just love them! So thanks to the awesome parents who by teaching them at home make it a little easier for me each week when I teach them. They really are special spirits!

1 comment:

Caren said...

These are hilarious!! Their Moms need to know...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...