Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nora Ephron

Nora Ephron will be greatly missed.  She was always like a female version of John Hughes for me.  So incredibly talented.  Her movies taught me how to feel....and coming from me who has the heart of the Grinch (pre-growing 3 sizes), that is a big deal.  In her memory I thought I would share some of my favorite moments brought to us by Nora.

1. When Harry Met Sally  - Ending

"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out.  I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich.  I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts.  I love that after I spend the day with you, I can smell your perfume on my clothes.  And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night...I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"
Tears.  Every single time.

2.  You've Got Mail - Ending
"I wanted it to be you.  I wanted it to be you so badly"
Ugh.  Feelings!

3.  Sleepless In Seattle - Ending
"Shall we?"
Uggghhhhhh

4.  Mixed Nuts - this is just one part...the entire movie is just...amazing

5.  You've Got Mail - What If

"Hey...how about some coffee or...you know drinks or, dinner, or a movie...for as long as we both shall live."
I cried just watching that again.  You guys....

Such an amazing voice.  I could watch her movies over and over and never get tired of them.  
Thank you Ms. Ephron for sharing your talent and passion with us. 

"All this nothing has meant more to me than so many...somethings"
-You've Got Mail

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...