Saturday, March 24, 2012

Colt


So sorry for the absence everyone but I just thought I'd give you a quick update as to why....
Last Saturday night my little baby (ok yes he's a dog...get over it) went in for surgery to remove an obstruction in his stomach.  He had chewed on a rope toy and he ingested the strings from it and they were all balled up.  After the surgery everything was going good and he came home on Monday (cone and all...he was not happy...)


On Tuesday he was acting really strange and vomiting etc so he went back to urgent care...he was starting to get an infection so he was given a few shots and sent home.  On Wednesday he was acting the same way and he wouldn't eat ANYTHING....so back to urgent care...they finally gave him a pain patch (he couldn't take any other kind of pain meds bc he wouldn't eat and he would spit the liquid kind out)....he seemed to be doing better.  He still won't eat which is very concerning but we're just taking it one day at a time.
I've learned quite a lot about myself from this experience like I'M PSYCHOTIC for one.  I don't let him out of my sight, when I'm not home I call (multiple times) to check on him, I've slept on the couch every night (usually for only an hour or two) to keep an eye on him (I don't sleep because as I've already pointed out...I'm psychotic).  Needless to say....I've been exhausted.
I'm very sorry for the lack of updates.  Hopefully my dear Colt will be better next week and I'll be back to bothering you every day!!!
I would ask that even though it's silly...if you'd just say a quick prayer or send out some good thoughts our way I would really appreciate it.  He's still in some pain and WILL NOT EAT....so anything helps.
Thank you all so much!
xoxo
Vanessa
Can't wait until he's back to laying on the ground of the bathroom to
keep me company while I get ready...

The cat doesn't miss his rambunctious behavior as much....

What a handsome boy.... 

2 comments:

Sladja said...

poor dogie:( hope he gets better soon!
xx

B, in the Great Funkk said...

Though I don't know you I am praying for your Colt. I have a "special-needs" puppy- she has allergies, throws up, had special food & meds. I wouldn't trade her for the world. I hope that Colt has a speedy recovery so you can get some rest. (And post more, as I miss them)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...