Monday, December 7, 2009

i love winter

I've been spending a lot of time on the couch in fuzzy red and white socks. In my peripheral vision is our lit up Christmas tree. This is my favorite time of year.

The other night our family went out to take Kian to see Santa and when we were driving the main strip of restaurants in Provo. I've driven down that road and seen those restaurants a billion times- since I was 8 years old. Somehow they've never looked as perfect and welcoming as they did that night. It was Friday night and there were cars jammed into every last parking spot available. I could see the smoke billowing out of fireplace chimneys into cold winter air. It's the holidays. People are coming together and going out for dinner and something about seeing that just stuck with me. I love everything about this time of year, but mostly the way that people find ways to be with the ones they love. And I love sweaters. Everyone is wearing sweaters right now.

We also got our first big snowstorm. It started yesterday morning and has continued pretty much into right now. It's still snowing. I love the way the world looks covered in a blanket of snow. Pure and beautiful.

Until Calah and I had to walk home from singles ward in the snow. In our cute shoes and short-ish dresses with tights. Then it wasn't so beautiful.
Oh who am I kidding? I loved it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...