Friday, November 6, 2009

Someone call Guiness World Records....

Because I think I've broken one with how long this blog post is...but..it's TV update time!!!
I know I've been slacking but I like to wait out the shows for a bit and then update you so you can get a full picture rather than just piece by piece. To start us off how about a little medical drama laced with popular catchphrases, peppered with sarcasm and one creepy pixie girl?
I'm talking about Grey's Anatomy obviously
So in my mind GA has definitely redeemed itself. I was skeptical after the whole freckle incident. I mean do they think we're stupid? You can't run a hospital that way. Apparently though you can run a hospital filled with a lot of chaos and random hook ups and creepy pixie girls. Who knew? Currently on Grey's Anatomy Izzie (my favorite character) is living with cancer but is doing ok but she did get fired so she ran away and left her husband to fend for himself and won't call him and left him with $200,000 worth of hospital bills. That's kind of genius in my opinion. Especially when your husband is doing this....

ok so he was saving a baby but it was kind of strange at first sight.
I'm sure that Izzie will be back soon though...I think this funny little storyline is just because the actress left to go adopt a baby from Korea.

Maybe while she was there getting the baby she should have gotten her husband shaved. Just sayin.
Also while we're on the topic of babies...Meredith hasn't been around much either. She just lays in bed while Christina comes to complain. It's because she gave a piece of her liver to her dad so now she is "recovering"...except she actually had a baby too. So clearly they had to hide her bump

so..that's what they came up with.
Now moving on to the things I don't like right now. The Chief...is being a big jerk. Also the lesbian thing. I mean I know there are lesbians and I don't have a problem with other people's choices but I don't like when TV shows put it in just because they are trying to "make a statement". If I was gay I would be offended. And now moving on to the elephant in the room...all 5' 1" of her. Creepy pixie girl.

Yeah that's her. All she does is stare with her giant Bambi eyes and whisper talk to Karev. He's married you horrible little demon! So step off. She really creeps me out.
Oh another thing I love though (I hate to leave on a negative note). I give you
Little Grey and McSteamy

They are adorable and so funny. Like tonight whilst talking about surprise parties McSteamy said..."Surprise parties are hostile. They’re dark, people jump out and scream at you…they never come to any good." So true.

Ok so moving on to a section I like to call...Guilty Pleasures.
We all have guilty TV pleasures such as Laguna Beach, The Hills, The City, Bromance, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl...you get the idea and btw I have no idea what you're talking about..there is no way I watch ALL that trash on TV....yeah.
One of my all time favorite guilty pleasures has to be The Real Housewives series on Bravo.
There are many "real" housewives...
First there was Real Housewives of Orange County

Then New York

Then Atlanta

Then New Jersey


I know they all start to blend together and look alike but really they're very different. OC is kinda sassy, New York is all dark and Upper East Side, then Atlanta...well I hope you can tell them apart, and then New Jersey is all on the dock...very mobster-esque.
I love them all. Seriously. Real Housewives of OC just came back for it's 5th season and I'm already in love. These women are some of my favorite hot messes.

Speaking of hot messes has anyone seen Paula Abdul lately?

Seriously Paula...I love you.

Moving onto another delightful morsel of a show that E! Network has given us. Leave It to Lamas.

All my 80's peeps may remember Lorenzo Lamas from Renegade.

Sexy right?
My friend's mom had a cardboard cutout of him and it scared me one time when I was walking down the hallway in the dark...but I'll save that story for later. Maybe in a blog posted titled "Reasons I'm in Therapy". So Lorenzo Lamas has some kids. You may recognize one of them as his daughter Shayne. For those of you who watch The Bachelor she was on the London one and she actually won.

The relationship didn't work out

but man they have a great television show going on for them. It's full of yelling, divorce, family drama, messed up (and hot) brothers she has...well one by the name of AJ..., and a lot of really stupid blonde moments. Basically like the classic "Simple Life" with Paris and Nicole (remember that???)

only BETTER!
And while we're on the subject of sexy male icons of the 80's. I was watching the movie "Three Men and a Baby" last night...

and was once again faced with the truth that I would do anything for Tom Selleck. It's either the mustache or the shorts.

I also found this and was wondering where it was on my birthday?

In face I love him so much I've dedicated a whole section on the side of my blog titled "Tom Selleck picture of the week" Check it out...it's filled with awesome.

Moving on to a segment I like to call "What Happened Last Week on Glee"
For those of you still reading this incredibly long post... you know Glee is my favorite show right? Well it's been on hiatus because of the World Series (whatever baseball way to screw everything up AS USUAL!) but last time we were treated to this little number...

I'm so in love with Mr. Shuester it's not even funny. Why didn't my choir teacher look like that (shout out to Jen and our Mr. Porter days...)
Also the kid in the wheelchair was on an old episode of The Office I was watching the other day. And btw if you aren't watching The Office...WHY NOT??? Are you not American because it's basically the best show on television.


Ok I think that is it for now...and don't worry as long as they keep putting stuff on TV I'll be watching it and letting you know what's been going on. For those of you who are like...President of the free world and have no time for such trivial things.

2 comments:

The Miranda's said...

lol..oh my heck..that was a lot, and I only watch one of those shows...crazy, but I still loved the updates!

Laura {and JR} said...

thanks for the update! although i dont watch any of those shows. after this blog i feel like i should... <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...