Monday, November 30, 2009

A Little Bit Of This...A Little Bit Of That

I hope ya'll had a great Thanksgiving! I know we did! Since I'm not in the mood to type out some big long story about our Thanksgiving break I decided to show you in pictures! Which is better anyway! We'll start with the week before Thanksgiving. On Friday we cleaned the whole house because my life long best friend Allison was supposed to come by with her baby Jaxon who I've yet to meet. She ended up getting really sick though and couldn't make it. That afternoon instead us girls decided to go get some lunch at In N Out that just opened here in Provo....and this is what it looked like...

and I even found this video about it...


ridiculous if you ask me. So needless to say we didn't go there. It's just a freaking burger people!
Anyway...that night Jess came over and her me and Calah went to go see...


We stood in lines, had to put up with obnoxious girls in front of us (seriously they were crazy) and then we finally got into the movie. There were:

people howling like werewolves
people yelling Team Jacob and Team Edward every 5 seconds (my sister wanted to yell Team Voldemort back at them)
a guy who was there by himself and begging people to come sit with him
and just general pandemonium

The movie was really good however. I liked it so much better than the first and there was some nice eye candy as well.
Saturday was just a normal day. BYU was playing Air Force that day and since we live 3 minutes from the stadium it's always crazy when there is a game...cars parked all up and down our street and such. Kenzie had her second night of the play at her school and as we were driving to drop her off the game had just ended. It took us 30 minutes to get from our house to Provo High School. Ridiculous. We picked up my grandma and headed off to the play.
I'm not really a fan of Shakespeare anyway but this version of Henry V was...hard to understand. I think the acoustics were bad in the theater (and they're high school kids) so it was like listening to someone who was talking with food in their mouth the entire play. My grandma was cracking me up. She kept saying things like "do you think anyone would notice if we left and went bowling across the street?" and "I don't understand a word that is going on right now". Me neither. Mackenzie did SO awesome though. Seriously she was apparently the only kid who could enunciate and she really did fantastically. And she played a boy...hence the facial hair.



Sunday Calah and I braved the Singles Ward....it was interesting.
Then we started preparations for Thanksgiving dinner and it was wonderful! I made my first pie! (Pumpkin) and made my famous mashed potatoes. It was all delicious.



the point during dinner in which someone said something hilarious and Mackenzie almost spit out her food...this happened a lot.

all I know is she has a pie box on her head...the rest is all speculation


Friday night we put up the Christmas tree. All of our Christmas stuff is still back in Indiana but my Grandma was nice enough to give us an extra tree of theirs and some Christmas decorations for the house. We got some great ornaments at Costco and I think the results were pretty fantastic.



Other than that we just watched a lot of "Criminal Minds" and this new show "White Collar" on USA that is really really good.

Now we've got a fridge full of turkey and pie for the next week. Gotta love Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...