Sunday, December 28, 2008

Days of Our Lives (the Sunbeam Version)

I don't think I could ever say it enough...how much I love my Sunbeams. The things they say just brighten my whole day. Here is another update on the happenings of my Sunbeams...

Adorable Miss Kenzie Hughes came into Primary today to sit with us and get the whole "Sharing Time" experience. Kaia was sitting next to me and then Kenzie sat next to her and Kaia looked very seriously at me and said "Don't worry Sister Nelson, I'll watch her for ya".

More Kaia stories for your enjoyment...
Sister Gorge showed a picture of the SLC temple and said "Where is this temple located"
To which Kaia answered "Far away" (In her best...DUH! voice)

Jacob turned around in his seat during singing time and told me very quietly "Uh Sister Nelson....I think I need to rest my voice". So sweet.

We watched a video of Jesus's birth today...one of those animated New Testament movies and at the part where the angel comes to visit the shepards Diana said "Oh! There's the fairy!"

Kalia informed me that her dad "Knows EVERYTHING!" (which is pretty useful)

And here is my favorite. Our very own soap opera going on in the Sunbeams class. Diana was using her feminine wiles today on Simon all through sharing time. She was swinging and flipping her hair all around and staring at him with her big baby blue eyes. However they were kind of lost on Simon (who has all brothers) and he just looked at her like she was crazy and then said "Diana....put on your shoes" (a bit exasperated). I guess it just isn't in the cards for these two. Usually Simon and Kaia are attached at the hip so I'm sure for Diana's sake it's probably good Simon doesn't return the feelings. Kaia would not be very pleased if someone was moving in on her "boyfriend" (as she calls him) and trust me...we all know when Kaia is not pleased by something. I thought perhaps this little puppy love going on between Kaia and Simon was over because they don't sit by each other or talk to each other as much in class. Today when walking to class Simon was getting a drink and Kaia bounces past him and says "Nice shirt Simon"....so maybe it isn't over quite yet. Oh the drama of Sunbeams.

When all is said and done words can't even express how much I love these kids. They are so sweet and they absorb all these stories and love to hear them. Yes, teaching 10 kids sometimes by myself is not easy and sometimes I go home wanting to quit. But most of the time I go home with a smile on my face because something one of them said or did. I am so proud of them and the progress they have made. They answer questions and I know they understand and get the gospel. Sometimes I think these kids understand the whole concept of the gospel better than we do. We let so much take our time and influence us. For them it's totally black and white. What's wrong is wrong and what is right is right. You help people. You work together. You love Heavenly Father and Jesus. You come to church. You read the scriptures. You listen to your mom and dad. Easy.
I have a feeling I will be released this week and I am VERY upset by it. I love the kids in Primary. They teach me more than I teach them. So once again thanks to all the parents who let me have them for those 2 hours each Sunday and for all you do in teaching these kids at home- it makes my job easier!
I love each and every one of them.
Caroline has a heart of gold. She is a trooper and just so sweet.
Diana has the funniest giggle that you have to laugh at. Sometimes she can tell me a whole story and I have almost no idea what she said but then she laughs so of course I laugh too.
Jacob is one of the sweetest boys. He listens and gives me his full attention. He is full of questions and also answers to my questions.
Kalia is a bundle of energy. She comes each Sunday ready and rearing to go which helps us get excited too.
Katie has a great sense of humor. She is just so silly she can really get me laughing.
Kaia that girl has a sense of who she is and she is not going to let you change it! I like that about her. She is strong willed and it will help her get far in life.
Simon is so intelligent. He knows all the answers to my questions and he remembers everything I tell him. I love watching him learn.
Layton is just so adorable I want to steal him. He has these chubby cheeks and red hair and freckles and when he smiles at you...your heart melts. I love when he answers a question and he gets the answer right and then gives me this smile.
Morgan loves activites and stories and she loves sharing her own stories as well. She is very loving and she also loves singing us new songs she has learned.

I will miss these kids terribly but I know that they are going to do great in Primary next year! I know our Heavenly Father loves these kids so much and I'm happy to have been entrusted with the responsibility of teaching them about Him.
I hope we can all learn something from these amazing Primary kids.

"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord...and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love..."
Mosiah 3:19

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Vanessa,
Those kids have been so lucky to have you as a teacher. The love you have for them is something they will always remember. I will totally teach you how to play the guitar when I get good enough.
Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...