Monday, October 6, 2014

A Letter to my Someday

Here's the thing: 
I think I could love you 
really hard. I truly do. 

I used to pinch my skin, 
rub it raw, 
hoping that my exterior would fade.

You see, I know I'm not much. 

My fingers are too bony, my thighs rub together when I walk, and my lip always quivers 
even when it’s the middle of summer. 

I talk too loud in movie theaters and too quiet in front of microphones. 

I have a thick skin, and terrible feet 
and my hands tremble when I cry.
I wander, 
I never seem to stay in one place
 but most of the time I never quite know
 where I'm heading.

I know I'm not much to look at 
but I've been told that I've got a heart 
almost as deep as the Pacific Ocean and 
I'll love you with every inch of it,
 if you’ll let me.

Here's the thing:
 when I love, I love hard 
because I have never believed in 
doing things half-heartedly.

I'm going to love you with every corner of me. 

So here, 
this is my heart.

I know it’s not much but
 it’s all I've got.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...